Grenadier Pond - High Park

Anatz

Today I decided to bus around Toronto and try out the places I anticipated for many weeks. I finally got to try out Eglinton Flats but it ended up as a big disappointment. The water was so murky and there weren't a lot of spots to fish. Anyways I hoped on the bus and made my way down to High Park and met some cool people and we pretty much caught a lot of pan fishes. I caught about 8 pan fishes and it was non stop biting! I highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to bring out their sons/daughters or a friend who wants to fish for the first time. Today was pretty good, oh yeah, I was fishing with my ice fishing rod so I couldn't cast far into the middle of the lake..just at the dock area only. Next time, I'm going to bring my bigger rod and try for some pike and buckets. Good old urban fishing :)

Edited by Anatz

Try using small trout nymphs & white wet flies for the crappie,bluegills & perch with 4# fluorocarbon leader.

Try small spinnerbaits for the Largemouth & pike. Especially early morn or dusk.

The bay south of the big dock is good too.

Worms on bottom catch mudcats up in the northern part of the pond.

Hi there,

There are some big largies in there, but the spots are inaccessible. We used to go in there with a float tube and flippers but we were booted out by the Park Rangers. Early morn and evening work best. I admire your perseverance and pride for TTCing it and fishing with an ice rod. That's what I call hardcore!!!

~~~I can remmber back in the 60s the city had a Bass tourney there, every year for a week, and one young lad won it one year with a 5.5lb. LM. There is still some big Bass in there, but you have to be there just before Sun up, and stay well back from shore, or creep up very quietly.