Lake O Report

PatrickGG

First off I would like to thank Dave Sullivan "Hot Reels Charter" for giving us the opportunity to fish on his boat and for putting us on some Trophy fish,

I got the invite and off i went to Bowmanville and invited my Brother In-Law and his dad to do some Downrigging which they have never done before and the excitement for them was like a kid in a candy store, we left the marina around 5:45p.m and Lake O was smooth i got the first fish in the boat and got it on film and was unable to get a pic but hopefully sometime soon i will post the video clip, we cruised between 80 FOW to 110 FOW and went 5 for 10, we lost 5 solid hooks it was like hit and spits shortly after the hook ups,

nice morning pic on the cruise:

1005888ad7.jpg

My brother in-law got the second fish in the boat and claimed that was his biggest fish he ever caught and i told him "be prepared cause once you got a big one on the forearm is gonna go numb" His first ever Rainbow:

1005887te4.jpg

about a half hour after landing the Rainbow his dad steps to the plate and starts reeling in a king on a planer board:

1005891im0.jpg

10 minutes go by and hes finally close to the boat:

1005895cv9.jpg

Not to bad:

1005896vw7.jpg

the end result a happy man holding his biggest fish ever caught:

1005897jq8.jpg

My brother in-law "Trevor" lost 2 fish and than i lost two and we got another one on and the rod went back to Trevor and the line goes he lands his second fish a nice 20 pound king which i am gonna see this fish soon to be mounted on his wall:

1005899wb3.jpg

after that fish the bite slowed down so we searched and nothing and called it a day and Bang FISH ON Dave hands me the reel and the fight began she peeled out line i looked down and seen the counter pass 200 feet dave begins to pull in rods and this was a nice fight took about 15 minutes to land this fish we got a weight on this king and it hit 26.36 pounds and my arm nearly fell of my body trying to pick it up for the photo:

1005902qt2.jpg

The end result was happy faces and a time that would be embedded in the minds of my in-laws and myself for a long time.

Edited by PatrickG

SWEET !!!

Some excellent fish in those pics.

It's always nice to hear when someone gets a personal best in a species or biggest fish ever.

That scenario has played itself out many time on L. Ontario.

Your trip was very rewarding.

Thanks for the report and pics.

What a great report Patrick. Those are some impressive fish and yeah, I can just imagine what a 15 minutes fight with a 26lb salmon would be like - should have packed some ice for the arms. And even better its with family who are new to it all so you get to share their excitement. Perfect day in my books.