Using chicken liver for catfish bait.

Carpe Diem

I always use them raw.I keep them out of direct sunlight because if they get too much sun they deteriorate and are hard to put on a hook.Channel cats are more likely to be caught on fresh chicken liver.They are eating the liver for the blood,not so much the rotton smell.The mudcats or bullheads seem to like the rotton stuff.Blue cats are more often caught on cut bait,the oilier the better.Good luck,

Joe

I caught some nice cats using shrimp and liver fishing red river in winnipeg.

Problem with chicken liver is that small fish will take it at will and you might not be able to get rid of them and have it sit there until the big fish comes by.

Good luck regardless

Thanks for the tips. Have a shrimp ring in the freezer that i've lost interest in. Maybe the catfish will enjoy it.

Saw someone catch a catfish out of Hamilton Harbour. They were taking it home to eat, said it was good on the BBQ. No problems if they want to eat it, but they had a young daughter. Maybe 6 or 7 years old. Yikes!!

If you were from around here you would know that isn't a good idea.

Edited by Carpe Diem

Wow!!! Those catfish are huge. Also a different colour than the one i saw come out of the Hamilton Harbour.

Congratulations on taking first place Smithville-fisher, you obviously know what you are doing!!!!

Live not too far from the Grand River, though it is a big river. Took another look at your posts. Very helpful.

Thanks.

Edited by Carpe Diem