My long lost...........1st fish finder

JFR

I have a neighbour who after 25 years has decided to sell his home. He is doing the obligatory clean up of sheds, garages, cupboards etc. He calls me over and asks me if this belongs to me. Why yes I told him, somewhat indignant. I haven't seen this for about 23 years, and now it shows up. Apparently he asked my wife if he could borrowed it to go fishing, and "forgot" to return it.

Anyway, this is my very first fish finder. A man call Al Lindner and his then In Fisherman staff were using the Lowarance "green box" flasher and this was becoming the in item to have. I think I paid about $200, at LeBarons when they were on Yonge Street, north of Finch.

HPIM0045.jpg

HPIM0044.jpg

Shortly after when I was really into Salmon fishing on Lake O, I bought a Sitex paper graph recorder (paper you say), yes thermo paper and a hot stylus moved across the paper and etched the images on the bottom of the lake. I still think the imaging was superior to the liquid crystal that came later.

Anyway, think I'll see if I it still works, and who knows use it for ice :Gonefishing:fishing

I think the vexilar units are based on this technology, No?

Wow

That unit is in amazingly good shape. I think I would put it back in a safe place and break it out in another twenty years and sell it on Ebay. :whistling:

You are correct it would be a great ice fishing tool for sure. Awesome find thanks for sharing it with all of us.

I bought my first flasher for ice fishing this past winter. It gave ice fishing a brand new dimension for me. And my catch rate picked up substantially also.