Buckhorn/Stony Lake?

this weekend my dad and I may go to Buckhorn or Stoney/Burleigh falls, we plan on renting a little boat, i am wondering where is the chepiest place to rent? also we hope to get some bass and maybe walleye, i know stoney has good SM, and walleye, but i only fished there twice with no luck, what should i look for and use? TIA

Edited by urbanangler

I recommend Stoney Lake, my favorite one. Been to Lower Buckhorn its nice but doesnt beat Stony. LoveSick Lake is the only competitor on the Kawarthas in my books.

As for boat rentals, duno if youre gonna find any under $100. There used to be a cool guy at Stony Lake Resort that gave good deals but that property is now sold. I would try Choate's Marina they have boat rentals, or call up other marinas there for a price.

As far as fishing goes at Stony, you are guaranteed fish when fishing dropoffs off the numerous islands, numerous weed beds, shallow rocks, I have like 10 good spots on my fish finder.

Use worms, spinners, plastic baits for bass. Never caught musky or walleye there :(

I get a lot of bass hit just regular worms, if its slow just drop them to the bottom of the weeds. The numerous rocks jutting out are your best bet for smallies. Enjoy!!!

sorry to hi jack alex.. but...

anyone know where i can launch for clear lake?

i just called up kawartha park marina and its $10 for launch but she said there is no space for trailer parking, so i would have to drive over to youngs point to park.... <_<

Edited by kevin

i just called up kawartha park marina and its $10 for launch but she said there is no space for trailer parking, so i would have to drive over to youngs point to park.... <_<

:(

Edited by dsn

i just called up kawartha park marina and its $10 for launch but she said there is no space for trailer parking, so i would have to drive over to youngs point to park....

Kevin, you can still launch from Kawartha Park. When you are on the main dirt road coming in, you can park on the oppsite side just before you make the right turn for Kawartha Park. It is near a mail box or newpaper box. Make sure you park it back far enough and in an angle. Also lock your trailer to be on the safe side. You can also try Clearview Resort at Youngs Point on Southbeach Rd. Ask for Brain or Rita and park your trailer on the road.