Ship to shore radios

glen

If you are talking about VHF radios I would stick with quality names. I have a Uniden Solara and it seems pretty good.

I just purchased the same, VG quality for the price....PD $109 + tax CDN during the Radio World sale.

Name brand...high wattage and a GREAT antenna. The hand held units are more for near shore fishing trips but even the best unit is less effective than a no name short antenna boat mounted unit. I have over a 9 ft antenna base unit on the big boat just in case I need help on the water.

Art

Well glen do a little homework first get a basemount radio with the 25watt high & low...the handhelds are all 5 watt and just dont have the power and range,there are lots of models,and they all have almost the same options,i have a waterproof model thats called standard/horizon from bass pro cost $179....and it has everything,and can get wet,so its great ,and for the antennae,i have a 16ft boat and have a 3ft one that has a power booster and its compact and folds down so its not in the way when i dont need it,so you have lots of options....go online and check them out,if you need more specifics,let me know....good-luck cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: