Hey Misfish

Joey

This Bud's Not for Junior

Pete Pistone

Managing Editor Posted Friday, July 13, 2007

Dale Earnhardt Jr. won't drive the Budweiser car in 2008.

Blog: Dale Jr's Sponsor?

JOLIET, Ill. - Junior Nation will have to find a new beverage of choice in 2008.

Longtime sponsor Budweiser will not follow Dale Earnhardt, Jr. to Hendrick Motorsports when he joins the team in 2008.

"We have agreements in place with sponsors for the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup season, which prevent us from having a relationship with Budweiser," said team owner Rick Hendrick. "Honoring our commitments is important to us. The trade-off is missing an opportunity to bring Budweiser, a marquee brand synonymous with NASCAR and its fans, into the fold."

While negotiations continue at the Hendrick camp continue to fins a sponsor for Earnhardt, Jr., the relationship between Budweiser and Junior is officially over.

"Budweiser has sponsored Dale Jr. for nearly a decade, and we wish him the very best," said Tony Ponturo, vice president of global media and sports marketing for Anheuser-Busch Inc. "Budweiser will remain an active sponsor of NASCAR, and we look forward to building upon the legacy of the iconic Budweiser red car in 2008 and beyond."

Several teams and drivers have been rumored to be in the running for the Anhesuer-Busch backing next year including Kyle Busch, who is still looking for a home in 2008 but who is reportedly on the company's short list of candidates.

Whoever flies the Bud colors next year will be the first Cup driver to do so since Earnhardt, Jr.'s rookie season in 2000.

"To climb into that red Budweiser car each weekend has always been a privilege," Earnhardt Jr. said. "Although Budweiser and I will be unable to continue our partnership beyond this season, I remain committed to driving for Bud the rest of this year, and will continue to make it my beer of choice. I'm a race car driver. All I can do is drive as hard as I can for my fans and sponsorship partners, and give my best effort each weekend."

Budweiser first sponsored a team on the NASCAR Winston Cup Series circuit in 1983, and in 1998, Budweiser became the "Official Beer of NASCAR," cementing the brand's place among stock car racing's elite sponsors. Budweiser is also the sponsor of the Bud Pole Award in all NASCAR divisions, the title sponsor of the annual Budweiser Shootout at Daytona, the exclusive beer and malt beverage advertiser of the Daytona 500, and the "Official Beer Sponsor" of Daytona International Speedway, the Daytona 500 and the Pepsi 400. Throughout its history in NASCAR, the iconic Budweiser car has been driven by Terry Labonte, Darrell Waltrip, Bill Elliott, Ken Schrader, Ricky Craven, Wally Dallenbach and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Well all I can say is Im not pleased.He should of showed respect to his sponsor first before joining.I kinda have lost a bit of respect for the man/boy.I dont think he was thinking of others before he made the move.Yes I do believe in taken care of myself first kinda thing,but to really slap everyone in the face,it,s not good.

If truth be told,Im starting to like that smoke guy :o:unsure: and will jump on the truex wagon :worthy::thumbsup_anim: .

l'm a Gordon fan and have been since the begining. Brain you can have Jr. back l don't want him. l think he is another Kyle Petty riding the assFAULT of their fathers. Dale and Richard are Gods of the ovels. Why do people think that they would be the same as their fathers. And who am l going to Booooooo. Well l think Truex would be a good choise probably win a champ. in a few years. So Brian are you going to trade in your wrangler jeans you should, the chaffing should stop lol. Peace Ken

I wear lee jeans.I wash them when thier new and pour javix on them to remind me of the 70,s.

LMAO.

Seriously,I think it will be a huge noodle fight (get yer minds out of the gutters folks)sometime that Canadian redneck thing comes out of me.LOL

I cant believe for one moment that Gorden and JR are going to get along.

I really wished he went to Childress,but then again ,like you say Ken,they aint thier fathers.

AND AINT THAT THE TRUTH.

L M A O ,,,,,,,, When did a C become a noodle. I nearly choked on me beer when I read my post. Lord tundern. LOL

Edited by misfish

If truth be told,Im starting to like that smoke guy :o:unsure: and will jump on the truex wagon :worthy::thumbsup_anim: .

Well you're finally all growed up now :clapping::lol: I know its hard to change loyalties, believe me, I've had to come to the ghastly conclusion lately that Jeff Gordon actually does know how to drive. But to hear you say you are starting to like "that smoke guy" just put a huge smile on my face B :thumbsup_anim:

Gentlemen, start your engines....

Well, I think JR will be able to really shine next year, get all this Bull behind him and get on a winning team. Sponsors are just like employers, the're great when you have good times, but would let you go in a heartbeat when times are tough, so I'm glad he's doing what he really wants and now will be able to show why he's #1 with the fans. I also been hearing that it won't be NEXTEL cup anymore. Times are always a changing.

Gonna go watch JR race next month in Michigan, will be getting lots of pics as they'll be memoribilia soon. Got pit passes too.

I like Jr and all but I not sure hes that good of a driver.I hope he doesn't turn into a R&D team for Hendricks.I cant believe he left Bud in the lurch.I would never abandon my Bud ....I wish the best for the boy wonder but its put up or walk time next year.As far as Kyle Petty goes he was great in the booth but not so much on the track.Next year will be interesting for sure.Will Jr kick some serious NOODLES with good equipment or will it be lots of excuses?

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

Hey Deano see you in Mish. We will be behind the consetions on the right side go through the hole in the fence and turn right and walk down the road look for a blue Dakota with the 416 on it. l Would plan just before a dinner we usually cook extra, sat. night is rib night Or look for the OFC sign. Maybe l can prove to you "its not the tool its the man" (W.C. Fields).

Peace Ken

Edited by bowshep