Favorite Lures

kennyman

Great info guys. What colours/patterns are you using? So for example if I bought a husky jerk, would you go silver/black or perch, both etc. ??? For what target species?If anyone is adding to this list the more specific you get the better it will be for "us newbies" here (I know some of you already were specfic,thanks). You don't have to let us in on ALL your secrets, but I for one can use all the help I can get. Is anyone using anything unusual that most anglers would say "would never work" but are having success with it themselves?

My all time favourite lure would be the red and white Daredevil..Not because of its fish catching abilities but because it reminds me of the days spent fishing with my dad when I was young fella...He would open his box and pick out a bait for me to cast and 9 times out of ten it would be a redn'white daredevil....I caught smallmouth and pike mostly on them but only because of the water we were fishin back then....

My other two choices would be,

Bucktails and Super Shad Raps

Cheers !!

I don,t have a favorite, I try to use what the fish want, you must know what species your after and what time of year(spring ,summer,fall patterns) and that generally dictates what lures you should use.. I know I don,t like spinnerbaits....tooo easy...cast and reel...cast and reel...cast and reel....

Used to fish New York, Ohio, Pa, and Ontario, for soft plastics Junebug works in all of them, watermelon, green pumpkin, brown, white, purple, black are also good colors. Hard baits I like natural colors(baitfish) chrome and black, chrome and blue, gold and black, Perch. Spinnerbaits white, white and chartruse.

Bass (both large and Small) -

YumDingers rigged whacky style!!

Dropshotting Yumdingers (whacky style)

Sluggos

Tubes

Berkley Motoroil Worms Texas Style

Brush Hawgs with or without a bullet weight.

Surface - Nip-I-Diddee (Green Frog with 3 trebles)

Rebel Frog

Musky

Black and Gold Suick!

Yellow Maribou Spinner