European fishing

English

Hi all, here are a few pictures of the gang I do most of my fishing with we have all known each other since school. We usually go to France but Spain is also on the menu. I first went to France carp fishing as I had read about it in the Angling Times, there were stories of huge fish and the top guys were getting non stop action. My first trip was in about 1985, I fished the lake where it all started Lac de St Cassien huge great lake I had never seen anything like it. The location of the lake was down the south near St Tropez. Had 3 days on there and I didn't catch anything but not for lack of trying. There was no night fishing allowed and theguy I went down with could never get out of bed so I ended up fishing about 6 hours a day I am never going fishing with a non fisherman again. Over the years we have had some right adventures not all ending happily.

Mate Danny with a nice River loire carp not sure who looks the happier.

france019.jpg

Mike struggling with his first 40lb carp, caught on the river Loire.

france5030021.jpg

Danny with a near 50lb Carp looking a bit happier this time

france038.jpg

Ian caught the cat 50lb I think helped by Mike

france006.jpg

Me with a bottle of Frances favourite tipple and another mid 20

francemefishing_1.jpg

Possibly our funniest days fishing you had to be there but each year we try and play a trick on each other So I made a fish out of a few scraps of wood, looked quite good for a plumber we drew scales on it and really made a nice job. As it was wood it floated so we bought a bottle of champagne to weigh it down and guess what that floated too well the guys went into town for provisions so we set to weighing it down with about 3 lb of lead and stones and things. We had a rowing boat so we took it out and dropped it in and waited for Mike to return, he was chosen this year as he was the new guy to fishing. We had tied a little line to his rod tip and Danny was behind the tree pulling on the line and Mike jumped into action and was playing the mysteriously heavy lump on the end of his line after about a minute or 2 he had got the fish on dry land and was starting to get the idea, we were rolling around. Only Danny and I knew anything about it Dale watching and Stuart photographer and Mike of course knew nothing, but they all saw the funny side. Then we told him it was moving again and he reeled in the bottle of champagne and all an excellent day was had by all.

tugs_trophy_fish_1.jpg