Antler Reel Seat

Well I finally got new tires and a blade on my band saw allowing to get to work on an Antler seat for a friend, he loves his Antler seats.
I honestly didn't think I could get a full ergonomic contour seat from this piece due to the curve and lack of mass across the profile as seen in the pictures.
But after repositioning it a few times as I made progress into getting it round I was successful in getting it done. I'm now waiting from my friend to see which side he prefers to have mortised for the reel. 

Now it's time to sit on the porch and relax with a cold one while the stink in the shop dissipates.  :D

RM walleye 1.jpg

RM walleye 3.jpg

RM walleye 4.jpg

RM walleye 6.jpg

RM walleye 8.jpg

RM walleye 10.jpg

RM walleye 11.jpg

RM walleye 12.jpg

RM walleye 13.jpg

RM walleye 14.jpg

RM walleye 15.jpg

RM walleye 16.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Barry Willis said:

Very impressive as always Spiel, your work and creations are second to none,  I'm sure your friend will be impressed. 

Thanks Barry.  :)

16 hours ago, John said:

New tires on your band saw?😁

Great work as always Chris. Antler seat not for me but love your work.

LOL....yes John, "new tires." In my efforts to replace the one that blew up on my band saw I discovered that that is indeed what they are called. Go figure. ;)

And thank ya Sir, it's not my favourite medium to work with but I do like the finished results, indeed though it's not to everyone's taste.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bill Shearer said:

Well done as usual Chris! 👌

Thanks Bill. I now have it laid out and ready to go on the rod this afternoon having attained customer approval (11.5"s to reel position was his request) to proceed.  ;)

On another note, it must have been nice to hear VERA up about again. She didn't come this way this morning, maybe this afternoon. :D

RM walleye 17.jpg

RM walleye 18.jpg

Looks great as usual Chris.  figure out what dimensions you need and I will look through the box of antlers I have hanging around the house. 

Cheers 

Art

15 hours ago, aplumma said:

Looks great as usual Chris.  figure out what dimensions you need and I will look through the box of antlers I have hanging around the house. 

Cheers 

Art

Thank you Mr Art.  :)