Marine blue gas stabilizer or red?

I have a 25 Merc 2 stroke on my boat. Should I be using blue marine stabilizer in the gas or is red ok, what is the difference? It seems the blue stabilizer is only for marine engine gas and the red is for all other small engine gas, 2 and 4 stroke.

I used the red once, it turned my 2 stroke gas for the ice auger and chain saw into a red jello blob.  Never use that crap again.  And I'm never going to be the guinea pig for the blue stuff either.  Sea Foam, it works, like Franks Hot Sauce for gas.

• Like 1

The blue stabil is for marine use. The big difference is the blue creates a fog in the tank and keeps it from rusting. I have used it for years from a 28ft boat that lives in the water to all of my small engines. Anything that does not get fresh gas within a month gets treated. I like sea foam as well but use it as a fuel improver rather than a stabilizer. 

Art

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 6:19 AM, 16 Footer said:

Thanks, I will look for Sea Foam.

It goes on sale regularly for under $10 at places like Napa And Home Hardware, I always stock up.

On 5/1/2024 at 12:07 PM, aplumma said:

The blue stabil is for marine use. The big difference is the blue creates a fog in the tank and keeps it from rusting. I have used it for years from a 28ft boat that lives in the water to all of my small engines. Anything that does not get fresh gas within a month gets treated. I like sea foam as well but use it as a fuel improver rather than a stabilizer. 

Art

Hmm, it lasts 2 years as a stabilizer and also prevents phase separation for  all those E fuels.