Looking for a Multi-Connection Marine Battery Terminal

I did see the Chinese made ones on amazon, was hoping for something better quality as this is for my main battery which powers everything except the trolling motor.

just throwing it out there, for reference...but ive swapped to using a switch as my battery post for my electronics, and then another switch for accessories like lights etc.

It cleans up your battery and isolates some stuff to allow you to kill power to your electronics.

I also installed a grounding bar for my electronics. 

Ive got 6awg wire running to the switches and grounding bar and then individual feeds for each unit running to their respective spots.

i went an extra mile and even made my own fuse clusters so that I can easily access and swap fuses if need be.

IMG_6706.jpeg.a51eef8b96e2d7bafdbea9993f44e069.jpeg

Thats how the guys are sonar pro's are doing it.

Edited by AKRISONER

On 4/25/2024 at 9:45 AM, AKRISONER said:

just throwing it out there, for reference...but ive swapped to using a switch as my battery post for my electronics, and then another switch for accessories like lights etc.

It cleans up your battery and isolates some stuff to allow you to kill power to your electronics.

I also installed a grounding bar for my electronics. 

Ive got 6awg wire running to the switches and grounding bar and then individual feeds for each unit running to their respective spots.

i went an extra mile and even made my own fuse clusters so that I can easily access and swap fuses if need be.

IMG_6706.jpeg.a51eef8b96e2d7bafdbea9993f44e069.jpeg

Thats how the guys are sonar pro's are doing it.

Nice work there! I watched a couple of vids on the Seaclear wiring harnesses and it would be real easy to duplicate what they offer for less $$.  I just installed a HDS 16 at the helm so now I have that, 2 HDS 12s at the bow and Active Target. I've started collecting components to do what you did ;). 6AWG front to back and Bluesea fuse blocks, and a dedicated disconnect switch.  All I need now is time..lol

• Like 1

heres the inspiration for my set up. The details start at the 12 minute mark.

Like you said its not overly complicated just takes a bunch of time. I spent last winter rewiring everything. I obviously dont have as much space as these guys in their 21 foot boats, However I do one thing different than all of these guys. Seaclear specifically IMO doesnt use the best connectors for their wire. I know some guys also swear by soldering, but soldering 10awg wire can be a royal PITA, (maybe its just me?) and theres arguments that in the marine high vibration environment its not best.

After a lot of research, I actually used MC4 connectors. They are popular in the off grid community for wiring 12volt solar systems. Crimping, plus a locking wrench system, and then a clip together thats also waterproof is about as good as it gets as far as im concerned. The only downfall to MC4's is the need to double up the crappy 16awg wire they give you with garmin units. Thats one thing thats driven me absolutely nuts about these marine electronic's manufacturers...everywhere you look on their recommend wire guage guides its way heavier guage than the wires they provide you from factory. Youd think spending a $1000 on a graph they could give you even 12 awg wire for the 6 foot length they give you SMDH.

Edited by AKRISONER