BPS Fishing Classic

From what I understand this goes from March 7-14th.  I know the flyer is out in the US but I see nothing for Canada.

BPS is a pain because there is no BPS Canada web site it diverts to Cabelas.ca so checking stock is impossible

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 10:21 PM, 206 said:

I agree the cabelas site is terrible, and the flyers don't coincide... why can't they have the same flyer in Canada with CND $ 

I was at BPS in Niagara Falls and the guy told me that their Fishing Classic is happening in April sometime.  Dealing with these guys are painful - the juice is not worth the squeeze.  I would rather support my local tackle shop and guys that support the Sportsman Show and other local shows

• Like 1

My experience of late with BPS is... they don't carry much inventory beyond the standard stuff you'd find at Sail, Canadian Tire, or Walmart. Most of the stuff labeled with their "house' brand is junk. Their staff for the most part are not knowledgeable at all. And the prices aren't that great.

When I look around what people are actually buying at BPS..it's a suburban housewife purchasing a forest print comforter for the cottage, or a backyard chef buying a turkey deep fryer. Not a lot of hard core fishing types shopping there. It's become a "lifestyle" store.

I prefer to do business with locally owned shops, staffed with people who know their stuff, and stocked with products that are relevant to the current angling scene. You'll find me in Fishing World, J-Pro, Gagnon's, Peterborough Pro Tackle or Pro Advantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrowMan said:

My experience of late with BPS is... they don't carry much inventory beyond the standard stuff you'd find at Sail, Canadian Tire, or Walmart. Most of the stuff labeled with their "house' brand is junk. Their staff for the most part are not knowledgeable at all. And the prices aren't that great.

When I look around what people are actually buying at BPS..it's a suburban housewife purchasing a forest print comforter for the cottage, or a backyard chef buying a turkey deep fryer. Not a lot of hard core fishing types shopping there. It's become a "lifestyle" store.

I prefer to do business with locally owned shops, staffed with people who know their stuff, and stocked with products that are relevant to the current angling scene. You'll find me in Fishing World, J-Pro, Gagnon's, Peterborough Pro Tackle or Pro Advantage.

I agree with you.  I stopped buying hunting clothes there because Red Head stuff is crap (from their boots to clothing.........cheap crap).  They carry other brands but 70% of their store is their own  branded stuff.  

I find it worth the drive just to Fishing World or Grimsby Tackle (more out my way).  Great guys with alot of fishing knowledge.