Found the camera thief.

Funny how something as trivial as your trail cam going missing(i know theft isnt trivial but...) was this sick bozo's downfall. 

Almost a shame the RCMP didnt just shoot the scumbag right then and there.

Certainly puts the entire situation into perspective for you. The universe was certainly speaking to you that particular day. Your instincts were dead on.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Akrisoner, who would have guessed it would all come to this. I guess one never knows who or what we are dealing with, especially out in the wilderness where I feel so happy and free without another soul around for miles and miles. As sick as it may sound, and this guy sickens me, he truly does, I wish I had known then what I know now and he had gave me the opportunity to pull the trigger and put a 44 slug in him. I wouldn't care if I went to jail. I also wish they would release him into my custody and let me take him on a one way trip out behind the barn. Yes my instincts were dead on again as usual and I thank god that I came out unscathed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

Thank you very much Akrisoner, who would have guessed it would all come to this. I guess one never knows who or what we are dealing with, especially out in the wilderness where I feel so happy and free without another soul around for miles and miles. As sick as it may sound, and this guy sickens me, he truly does, I wish I had known then what I know now and he had gave me the opportunity to pull the trigger and put a 44 slug in him. I wouldn't care if I went to jail. I also wish they would release him into my custody and let me take him on a one way trip out behind the barn. Yes my instincts were dead on again as usual and I thank god that I came out unscathed. 

I don't disagree with you at all Barry. But be careful what you write in a public forum...you don't want to lose that carry permit for a handgun. As you know those permits are as rare as hen's teeth in this day and age. You never know. Remember this 2024 in Canada, and the current gov't isn't exactly friendly to law abiding gun owners.

• Like 1

Yeah I know you're right, Some times I put my actions in gear before my brain. Thank you very much for the wake up Rick. If I was to lose my permit which very few people have I'd never get it back, and I would likely lose the gun as well which cost me a fortune. It's a twin to the one Clint Eastwood used in the Dirty Harry movies. I don't very often take it out of the gun safe in the house except for when I go to the mountains where all this took place and when I do it's usually in the trunk locked up in a very secure stainless box I hade made for it. A few years ago a Gentleman and his wife from Texas were in Calgary here for the Stampede. They were going for a hike in one of our parks and they were held up at gun point and robbed. It was on our local news of course and for the life of him he couldn't believe that us Calgarians and or Canadians aren't permitted to carry hand guns. In Texas people carry them right out in the open. I don't have a concealed hand gun permit nor do I want or need one I carry it in a nice leather holster and belt just like the cowboys did. There have been people call the cops on me not knowing I had a permit LOL. I guess that's more than enough said about that.

A buddy of mine recently went through divorce proceedings.  It turned ugly. His wife brought up some nasty (unfounded) allegations in Family Court. Next thing you know the judge issues a Peace Bond against him and he's ordered to turn in his (legally registered) firearms. At this point, he's not even criminally convicted.

He used to come up to my place to grouse hunt every autumn. Not this year. Welcome to Canada in 2024.

• Like 2

Welcome to Canada 2024 is unfortunately right.  Man, that's sickening. All these new gun laws are not going to curb gun violence. Pretty soon the only ones that will  have guns are going to be the bad guys. My wife and I both have our share of rifles and shot guns, in mint condition and worth a lot of money.  I'm not sure anymore if we can even leave them to our sons in our will, even if they have their gun license. The city cops and RCMP here, twice now have put out a bulletin on the local news for any one with unwanted fire arms to get in contact with them and they would dispose of them. There were thousands of them turned over to the cops.  Rather than put them up for auction for law abiding citizens  they were thrown into a smelter. There was one veteran officer that was collecting them and keeping them, not that I blame him, I'm sure he had some very nice pieces. He was fired.  

• Like 1