Cameron Lake boat launches

siwash

Hey gang,

Angler's Atlas says there are 3 launches (all in the south east corner neat FF)  -  which to chose from the three?   Hoping the launches put me on to some decent fishing (multi species)

Thoughts?

I found a "cameron lake boat ramp" but when  I searched it further, a recent review came up said there's a really strong current at this launch making it very challenging to put in or take out a boat. I've come across some other info about a launch at the end of West St. North but that's not on google maps. 

On 7/25/2023 at 7:32 AM, siwash said:

I found a "cameron lake boat ramp" but when  I searched it further, a recent review came up said there's a really strong current at this launch making it very challenging to put in or take out a boat. I've come across some other info about a launch at the end of West St. North but that's not on google maps. 

Its only strong when they have the dam open and thats not the case right now. They rebuilt the concrete ramp a few years back, its a bit of a weird place for a ramp but its a good one and there are a few places to park. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, big guy said:

Its only strong when they have the dam open and thats not the case right now. They rebuilt the concrete ramp a few years back, its a bit of a weird place for a ramp but its a good one and there are a few places to park. 

From there, where would you search for fish?  We aren't targeting anything specific..  walleye, bass, etc... I hear there are pike there too now.. 

I loaded the app... looks great.  gives you an option to download a map to use while offline.  I tried to download an area, but where does it download to?  I checked my phone's downloads and it wasn't there.. Also search inside the app. 

App worked great but launch didn't! Ended up at Balsam via the rosedale launch. The launch at Cameron has virtually no parking! Three spots and they were taken. I got there early afternoon but still, I expected a bigger parking area. That lake is basically inaccessible. Is there any other way in? I tried a launch just to the south west but it is private. No public access 

10 hours ago, big guy said:

people park on streets near the launch area when busy. Fenelon marina has a pay launch for 10 bucks, but you also have to park along the street a bit farther away.

Interesting... I didn't see much room for more trailer parking.. I'll keep it in mind for next time.  I really wanted to fish this lake.  Heard good things.  Balsam was a bust. One fish on - not a bad one - lost after 10 sec fight.  Then one perch!