Marine Electronics - Wiring - Boat Detailing - Service Offering

Thanks. Much appreciated I’ve amassed A ton of goodies. Grounding bars, fuse blocks, battery kill switches. It’s going to look a lot like that system. Trying to impart some of my own trickery. (like being able to patch all three batteries together in case the starting battery goes dead) Where I might need a hand is wiring up my new tach. This boat had zero anything in it. (navigation lights and a cigarette lighter is all it had) Trying to bring it up to modern spec.

• Like 1

I have no idea where to connect a tac into a motor that doesn’t already have one. Other than that if it has a feed it’s as simple as plugging it in. 

maybe next winter if I get bored I’ll reconfigure my connects and do that nice clean grounding bar set up in my boat. Right now I’m using two distribution blocks, same idea of having raw power but no shut off for the units specifically. Garmin does an excellent job tbh of getting the units to get everything powered up and shut off. You turn a unit on and you see the network hub and panoptix black box fire right up.

I basically rewire every winter anyways because my panoptix comes out of the boat for ice fishing. For now I’m running with what I’ve got. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey man,

I bought a boat a couple of weeks ago and I'm having trouble with the 2 helix 8 fishfinders. I'm convinced it's a wiring issue and I think I know exactly what needs to be done, I just don't want to mess it up doing it myself. Could you reach out to me to discuss? Maybe I can use your services.

Cheers,

Dave 

On 7/17/2023 at 6:26 PM, fishfinder89 said:

Hey man,

I bought a boat a couple of weeks ago and I'm having trouble with the 2 helix 8 fishfinders. I'm convinced it's a wiring issue and I think I know exactly what needs to be done, I just don't want to mess it up doing it myself. Could you reach out to me to discuss? Maybe I can use your services.

Cheers,

Dave 

Sent you a PM Dave