The Great escape

LeXXington

Well decided to head up to my home town to visit my sister for some sun, sand and fishing on the lake.

Only got out once due too wind and need for sleep :)

Took my nephew out for with me and my dog, only managed too hook into one "boot" :( not what I wanted but made the day for my nephew.

When I got it in the boat, I told him to take a picture then I said here you hold it let me take a pic before we get a length and weight..

yep you know whats coming.. ahhhhh, wiggle wiggle, ahhhh flip flip splash.. and that was it.. We only managed to get 3 pics :)

not that we were going to keep it but poor guy was the joke at the table that night.

med_gallery_106_92_4521.jpg

another strange thing happend. there were about 5-6 boats out fishing in big lake huron then we hear the OPP boat checking in with the coast guard as then are heading out.. OK you have 20k of coast line to cover but I do a quck check to make sure all equipment is on board and ready.. What is the chance that they will come over too us as we are so far out and so few boats.

About 30 min later the OPP boat chuggs along side us :) after a brief go through of all the safety stuff he asks me for my operators card...

Pardon -- Yes sir your Operators card.. So I dig in my wallet, past the dust, cobb webbs, shooo the moths out of the way and there it was.,.

Finally after 5 years someone has finally ask for it.. a tear formed in my eye.

Super nice OPP by the way. Thats the way it should be no attidtude, Hi how are you, have a great day fishing, and good luck type of conversation!!!

Nice report Lexx! Same thing happened with my first muskie...went to take measurements after the pic so I could make an OFC Tourney entry and the thing starts to flip around in my hands. Instead of having it stunned by dropping it in the boat, I lean over the side and away it went. Oh well!!!

Great story about the OPP too...LOL...I have stuff in my wallet older than that too....haha.