Rice Lake Report

redfin

Hi,

Just got back from a few days of fishing … started off at Buckhorn, and Cameron Lake with mediocre results :( . Then came home and packed up the kids on Tuesday and went over to Rice Lake to a rental cottage near White Island :Gonefishing: .

The weather was hot and so was the fishing… :thumbsup_anim: it was almost non-stop action since we started fishing Wednesday morning, quantities wise, not a lots of big fish but tons of smaller aggressive bass. The kids won’t jig or flip for bigger fish, almost all the fish they caught were on horizontal running lures…the spinnerbait, topwater, and subsurface plugs.

I thought fishing would be a little slower on Thursday since the coldfront was pushing through, but that was not the case, after some non-fishing activities in the morning, we were on the water in the afternoon for some more fishing. This time I was using the Senko, thought the fishing was slower…after going through two bags of these plastic baits, we boated no less then 30 fish.

Double Header

doubleheader2007.jpg

Sheldon got this on his lucky spinnerbait (chartreuse and white)

sheldonbass3.jpg

Black crappies and little walleyes for "in between" fish

Robyn’s walleye

robynwalleye2007.jpg

Have a great long weekend folks. Hope the fishing for you was as fun as for us, good fishing!!! :thumbsup_anim:

thanks guys.

Steve (PF): The glastron is gone :wallbash::wacko: ! I bottomed out on a rock on the pike open'r, big gash on the bottom :angry: , the skeg was chipped, and the transom was half ripped out :stretcher: the cost for repair was around 2Gs, so I sold the trailer and the 115 merc and gave away the boat. Got this tin can for the time being...certainly miss the bass boat tho.