Early Morning Walleye and Lakers.

limeyangler

Hi all,

I had a spare morning and headed out just before sun up and got on the lake an hour later. I have not fished this lake in ages, used to be my favourite local lake as it holds monster walleye, decent Lake Trout and bass, all catchable with a jig and minnow and good use of your electronics. 

The walleye are still there but in nowhere near the numbers of years gone by. Pulling a worm harness or bottom bouncer would work well as they are fewer and further between, but I like jigging. I keep a close watch on the screen and get ready to hit Spot Lock as soon as I see a fish...good fun chasing active fish  around the structure as they move around hoovering upon the bait fish.

Got into a 25" and 26" and a bunch of 18" to 22"ers  before switching over to lakers. Jigged up one of the lakers and then threw a bunch of sinkers on top of a bottom bouncer and trolled a William 's spoon for the second one.

I enjoyed your vid very much; nice way to wake up on a Sunday morning, while sipping on a coffee and baileys . 

Can I ask?

For the 17 minutes of edited vid, how long were you actually out there?  No big deal just wondering?

Dan.

23 minutes ago, DanD said:

I enjoyed your vid very much; nice way to wake up on a Sunday morning, while sipping on a coffee and baileys . 

Can I ask?

For the 17 minutes of edited vid, how long were you actually out there?  No big deal just wondering?

Dan.

I was out from 7 am till 11am, took a while to find the fish.