Boat covers

Rattletrap2

Guys, i need your help!

I always used and recommended Greg at Covers unlimited in Brampton because he did excellent work for a good price and he finished your cover the same day you dropped your boat off.

Now I need a trailering cover for my new Alumacraft boat and he is gone! Closed up shop after all these years!

Does anyone have any experience with a shop also in Brampton, called Custom Covers by Robert? His shop has been in business for many years. He is currently away on vacation for a month, but I can get in when he gets back. It would be nice to hear from someone who has dealt with them?

Are there any other shops in the area that you would recommend? I would have never hesitated to recommend Greg, but I'm at a bit of a loss now. The dealer has one they offer from Alumacraft, but it is $1,030!! The Brampton shop is less than half the price for a custom made cover.

Thanks

Hello Mr.B

I have no idea, but thought I would drop in to say sorry. I drove right through Mono and man,I thought of you and should of pm,ed ya buddy when I made my trip to Fergus. I'm heading there again in September. I will 100 % get in touch with you to make a visit. Been too long my friend.

I also had Greg make me a cover last year. I called this year as i needed to make some alterations to the bow because of a cable steer motor i put on. No one picked up, i called the shop around the corner and asked if he was still there, they said no, he moved back home. 

My neighbor had a cover made by Robert and it was just OK. Price was slightly more than my price with Greg and my boat was 2 feet longer. The cover in areas seemed like it had extra material, the fit definitely could have been better. Also had no extras such as vents and flaps for the cleats. They also made a mistake on where they put clips on the bow and just left a few holes there which looks terrible. I dont even think they offered a discount. Not sure why my neighbour took the cover, i know he wasnt pleased. But that's just one case, not sure how the rest of his work is. 

If you happen to find someone or do end up going there post a review. I still have to get some minor alterations done and am also looking for a reputable shop. 

Thanks, 

Dan

Edited by Dan668