What is the strangest mode of Icefishing transportaion ever seen?

Old Ironmaker

On Shloim's thread about ice transportation I remembered back in the early 80's we were ice fishing off shore in Westmeath on the Ottawa and believe it or not we pass a guy sitting over a hole and he has a Horse with him. A Horse, the size of a Moose without the horns, antlers, yep antlers, no horns on a Moose. I didn't stop to ask him if he rode the horse out or just led it. We thought about asking but didn't want to spook it with the machine. Plus I didn't think it such a good idea to share the ice with about 1000 pounds of flesh on it. I have a grainy 35MM pic of it somewhere deep in a box of other grainy old pictures. It looks like a dark spot on the foto, no zoom. That is one of the strangest things I have ever seen and I've seen some crazy stuff over the years. I would have been worried about the horse slipping on clear ice and breaking a leg, for sure, this guy wasn't I guess.

Sitting by the pool guys in 77F weather waiting for the 2 Sisters that haven't seen one another much since April to get ready for dinner. I told them dinner was for 6 so we should be there by 7:30. Man I need more Sunscreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm rubbing it in, how's it feel? I'll be back to reality sooner than I thought. I see it's +6 home and this weekend -15 when we land, say it ain't so.

Again, can't get pics from phone to PC. It's my phone for sure.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yep, it could be the looser. When it comes to electronics "operator error"  was generally what I wrote down in my lost time reports, then I came up with "Faulty field device."  I had many people I could blame it on back then, not anymore. I'm the guy that needs an electrician to change batteries in my flash lights. I had no less than 6 of 6 outlets upstairs that didn't worked since the day I wired them. One day they miraculously came to life, the day Ticha asked a friend when I was at work one day to do them right. I buy those crank lights now.