My Tag Along Trailer

DanD

Just finished building a tag along trailer for the quad. After the build, I thought a set of skies would finish this off and make it a year round buggy? 

Now I have a turf, snow and ice fishing trailer.

IMG_1535_zpsy4fymfod.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit

IMG_1536_zpsmac6yvl7.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit

IMG_1537_zpswuycsrmy.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit

I also found a 65 gallon poly tub, that was meant for watering livestock. I plan on ratchet strapping it on the expanded metal floor of the tag along. Haul all the fishing gear or an extra person; out to the fishing grounds/ice. It's nothing fancy; but it should do the job for what I need it for.

Dan.

IMG_1536_zpsmac6yvl7.jpg

Just a little bigger pic showing the limiting chains. They're there to stop the ski from flipping upside down. don't know if they're needed but with my luck I'd find out at the worst time. LOL

Edited by DanD

17 hours ago, porkpie said:

Nice idea!  Aren't you the guy with the awesome ice hut too?

Yeah that's me. I really like the hut; but its way to heavy and will be going on a diet before next season. When I added the drop axles, I didn't realize how much weight it added to the overall hut. It was heavy before; but that extra frame broke my 500  ski doo's back. Even with removing the trailer's original axle; it was still way to heavy, to move it around. Last season I hired a local that had a large side by side with tracks to pull the hut out for me. He even baby sat the hut for me out on Simcoe and brought the hut to shore for me at the end of the season.

Dave if you're reading this THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

IMG_1204_zps0gnyweum.jpg

IMG_1203_zps6aalxvvw.jpg

Was going to rebuild it last summer; but things got busy and then some health issues popped up. So I'll deal with this fat guy one more season and then start a weight management program. LOL Already found a source for exterior insulated fiber wall panels. Also going to loose the trailer's original frame and just go with what's pictured above; adding some cross members to support the new floor.

So if anyone here sees this blue hut and its Canadian flag; please stop in and say hello and have a warm up. You may have to wait for a fresh pot off coffee; my brother drinks it like its his life blood. LOL

IMG_1236_zpscrxkbtiq.jpg

It'll be out from Beverton, on the perch grounds between Georgina and Thorah islands; likely closer to Georgina island? Hope to have the hut out with-in the next two weeks.

Call me if you'd like, PM for the number 

Dan.

Edited by DanD

I get out of Beaverton often enough through the winter.  I'll look for you!  Not very often I get out on a weekend though!  I have to get my quad and my sled running first.  They've both suffered some serious neglect over the last couple of years unfortunately.