Replacing Trailer Tires

tizfun

Ok... just picked up my new tires and rims... Went with the radials.. They look great.. can't wait to put them on the boat..  

Now... Is it better to store them in the garage, or in my basement where it's warm ???  I saw another post on storing tires but these are trailer tires and won't be put on till April...

Thanks, Tiz

20171223_113542_resized (1).jpg

19 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Those look pretty snazzy, better get yourself some lock nuts, keep your spare in your vehicle hidden.

Like to have a set of those baby's myself.

Lookin good.

I agree with 99.9 % 0f your posts Fish Farmer; but lock nuts are a glorified pacifier, for adults. I have three different sockets that will remove most any lock nut out there. If I can walk into a tool truck and buy them, anyone can. Like any lock they're there for the honest people.

Nice set of wheels to bling out the trailer tizfun; enjoy.

Dan.

36 minutes ago, DanD said:

I agree with 99.9 % 0f your posts Fish Farmer; but lock nuts are a glorified pacifier, for adults. I have three different sockets that will remove most any lock nut out there. If I can walk into a tool truck and buy them, anyone can. Like any lock they're there for the honest people.

Nice set of wheels to bling out the trailer tizfun; enjoy.

Dan.

Ya suppose you're right, I've said that myself, a lock is for the honest guy.

Glorified pacifier, for adults. I'll have to remember that one:D

I have a lot of lures that does the same to me:D

Still using my dad's home made box trailer with 50 year old tires with tubes. Some of you may remember the tire size 6.00 x 16. Probably can't get new tires for it any more. I check the visual condition of the tires and they still hold the air well. I have been thinking of replacing the trailer for years but it still does the job. I don't use it much but when I do take it easy, stay on the right side on the road, have no spare tire.

20171017_122325.jpg