ISLAND BASS REP...

fished with my buddy today at the toronto islands and he caught 2 bass, me none, pretty bad day fishing wise, really slow, he was using my rod and bait, so we split the honours of holding it, this is one fat mama!

my buddy with the bass

IMG_1536.jpg

me with the same one

IMG_1539.jpg

we forgot the weigher at home, but were geussing 6 lbs

Edited by urbanangler

What lure did you use to catch those? Topwater frog?

Because I seen many bass cruising around and most of them just wouldn't bite even when I had the bait right on it's face.

I think it is because they are guarding their spawn area. When ever sunfish gets near bass would chase them away. Yet when I toss'd in a plastic baits bass just ignored it. Totally.

I did end up getting one large one after like 20+ cast to same fish over and over and working on it. It did finally sucked in my Strike King 3X Zero White stick bait. (I love this bait, i tried to cut off a little bit off the end with my finger and I couldn't because it is so elestic~ yet super soft. This plastic is just amazing durable and super soft)

I'll upload my pics later.

Edited by mikeymikey

Congrats on 'your' bass. I accidentally hooked some bass at the islands last week about that size - I don't think they have packed on much weight yet so I would say it is more like 4lbs! :P

Don't worry I'm sure you'll catch one of your own soon.

Might be out there tomorrow. :Gonefishing: