2 deg , time for da river

misfish

The last few cold mornings, had that river blood starting to flow through my veins. Knowing the winds were going to kick up early, I pasted on the toon this morning and hit a favorite spot to try my luck casting some home made spinners by a buddy. I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen it was 2 deg when I got to said spot. Dang, should of worn the woolies. It was a crisp one to say the least. Even the hands were cold. September 2nd and here I was looking for a pair of cotton gloves some where in my truck. LOL

Caught a couple nice fish. Seem a fresh run had made it,s way up. I really enjoying using my river bait casting set up. I just like the way it handles. I get alot of lookers cuz most are throwing with spinning gear. One ole fella said he hasn't seen a guy using one since he left the BC rivers.

It seemed to be a 1000 cast morning to get a couple of fish, but it kept the body moving and stay some what warm til the sun got high enough to shine down on my old cold body. LOL

A couple for a buddy to smoke and cook as he pleases.

KRJYaQz.jpg?1

WGuED5K.jpg?1

uiRj97B.jpg?1

Giver another go in the AM Sunday me thinks.

Dum dee dum dum---waiting for an updated report!!! :clapping:

LOL

I left at 11 and you showed up after.LOL

Ya the hippy got 1 and lost 2. He needs to beef up the rod. Fish are not that big. :whistling: LOL

1 caught this morning. Yesterday I was the grab the fish for guys. Atleast I got to hold some, LOL

Nasty winds today. Maybe that will blow in some more fresh ones. :Gonefishing:

Aren't those Toonies insulated? Maybe time to invest in insulated underwear. What a woose is right. I read you are putting it away for the year, how do you winterize one? Maybe fill with warm air. There's plenty of hot air around here Brudder. I sell it by the cubic meter. You had a great season and get out more in a few weeks that some of us get out on our real fishing boats all year. Way to go Brian.

By the way I like that spinner but why so large a snap swivel? I have always tried to minimize my terminal tackle as much as possible. I still have a spare pair of 1 size fits most US Divers Rocket fins if you want them.

Aren't those Toonies insulated? Maybe time to invest in insulated underwear. What a woose is right. I read you are putting it away for the year, how do you winterize one? Maybe fill with warm air. There's plenty of hot air around here Brudder. I sell it by the cubic meter. You had a great season and get out more in a few weeks that some of us get out on our real fishing boats all year. Way to go Brian.

By the way I like that spinner but why so large a snap swivel? I have always tried to minimize my terminal tackle as much as possible. I still have a spare pair of 1 size fits most US Divers Rocket fins if you want them.

LOL

Thanks Johnny.

I have winter under gear, just didn't think I would need it in September. LOL

Not sure where you read I am not putting the toon away. Still 2 months left for it. Big week coming up soon floating around for some salmon casting. As for the snap swivel, it added weight to the spinner. It was on the light side, also, the water I am fishing is a pea green, so the leader size would not effect the bite.. Yes I could of added a split shot. I do use smaller terminal tackle. I have even gotten away from small barrel swivels, and have gone to joining knots for leader lines.

Lets hope we can meet next year in April and get those flippers off ya. :canadian:

Edited by Misfish

LOL

Thanks Johnny.

I have winter under gear, just didn't think I would need it in September. LOL

Not sure where you read I am not putting the toon away. Still 2 months left for it. Big week coming up soon floating around for some salmon casting. As for the snap swivel, it added weight to the spinner. It was on the light side, also, the water I am fishing is a pea green, so the leader size would not effect the bite.. Yes I could of added a split shot. I do use smaller terminal tackle. I have even gotten away from small barrel swivels, and have gone to joining knots for leader lines.

Lets hope we can meet next year in April and get those flippers off ya. :canadian:

don't know why I thought you were putting away your pool toy. I hear you on the terminal tackle, I too would use a split shot to get light tackle down a bit. I have to get away from this longlining for Walters out here and get some real fishin' in for Bass from this point on. You can hook into some monster Smallies this time of year until the wind will peel the paint off the boat. Today the waves crashing on the rocks are spewing algae on our window screens and that is zero embelfisharia. (Italo Canadian for lying.)

don't know why I thought you were putting away your pool toy. I hear you on the terminal tackle, I too would use a split shot to get light tackle down a bit. I have to get away from this longlining for Walters out here and get some real fishin' in for Bass from this point on. You can hook into some monster Smallies this time of year until the wind will peel the paint off the boat. Today the waves crashing on the rocks are spewing algae on our window screens and that is zero embelfisharia. (Italo Canadian for lying.)

Candy ass, wait until the middle of November and go down that hill!

keep shopping pal.

Well look at that, a couple of smart :asshat: Paisano,s eh. :w00t::w00t::rofl2:

When I am fishing in November Albert and Johnny, you,ll both be toasty warm with a glass of vino and cheese and crackers at yer side with a add of sweet salami.

Oh do not get me wrong here paisan,s, I,ll be there one day myself, then again, maybe not. LOL

Pool toy, why I uda,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P:lol:

Edited by Misfish