Looks like no carp report tonight from Cliff & Carole

wolfville

Yup, waited until now, I guess there will be no more report from CCMT & BLY tonight... how sad.....

Let me share some of the pics I took in my recent sessions.

First, I really like DSN's in-fight pictures, so here is my first attempt,

gallery_177_161_12529.jpg

Here is one more of the same fish, he found out about the camera and that his pic will be posted...so he ran again ;-)

gallery_177_161_28033.jpg

And after a few minutes of fighting, this little guy was fiinally tired (a 9 lb common carp)

gallery_177_161_14641.jpg

The next picture is my personal first (PF?!).... this is at the exact spot where I witnessed MJL caught a much smaller one,

gallery_177_161_89016.jpg

And since I was fishing alone and trying to do the in-fight pictures for the first time, when I hold the rod in one hand, camera in the other, and trying to grap my net to be ready to land the fish....this picture was accidentally taken (I was benting down to reach the net, so my right hand held both the camera and the rod)

gallery_177_161_614.jpg

I knew I pressed the button a few times while reaching for the net, but didn't know one of those came out nicely. Couldn't have done better if I tried intentionally.

And for Victor, you are not the only guy catching the little ones....there are from one of my local night session,

gallery_177_161_88500.jpg

gallery_177_161_88446.jpg

Now, not as good as CCMT or BLY's...but I tried. My fellow carpers, please take your turn and let's try to fill the void until Cliff and Carole are back....

o Wow! those are some great pics Randy ... i love the bent rod one.

Catching small ones at your swim is common... but 1lb fish at the Grand? lol. it's sad. i still love to see their silvery color though.

lets hope we have something to report on saturday. :)

Following is Wolf's rants, views' discretion advised. Hope I don't offend people but if I do, I am not sorry.

Was in my local swim where those pics were taken. Again, saw multiple people fishing with multiple rods like every time I go there. I have talked to almost all of them in the past few months and so far only one listened. From that day on, that person only fishes with one rod.

This morning, I was really mad when one guy caught a LMB. I knew he would keep it but for the benefit of doubt I told him "would be nice if you caught this one after midnight tonight cuz season opens then". But, he ignored my comment. He turned around and said to his buddy "you know, the place up north I just told you, you can fish for this kind of fish at the end of this month". Around he turned again and put that bass in his version of keep net (made of a mesh potato bag). So apparently he did know about the seaon.

What can I do? I packed up my stuffs (I was only there for less than 1 hour), went back to my car and called 1 877 tips mnr. I know the chance of a C.O. appears in the next few hours while this person is still there is slim. But I had to do it, just for the peace of my mind.

For these people, they have a background I am familiar with. I understand why they do what they do, so I have tried to talk to them since I know their language and culture. Am I sad that only one listened? Yes, but I am also glad that ONE out of so manay actually listened. If I can convert one, I may be convert more. So I'll keep trying.

Oh well....this is my local swim, I hope when my kids are old enough to enjoy fishing as much as I do, the pond will still be there and productive. It takes decades to build up a fishery like this, but it won't take long for a few people to destory it.

My turtle grew bigger! j/k Did he pull drag? Last time I didn't realize I had one on till we were about to leave.

Nice fish

See you tomorrow.

BTW...My runner is on contract...I'll only loan him out temporarily for the right price...Say your car or GTE-B...Take your pick

My turtle grew bigger! j/k Did he pull drag? Last time I didn't realize I had one on till we were about to leave.

Nice fish

See you tomorrow.

BTW...My runner is on contract...I'll only loan him out temporarily for the right price...Say your car or GTE-B...Take your pick

He pulled a bit, the buzzer went off on a slow but steady tune. I knew I had either a sucker or a turtle on, felt HEAVY on its way in, just didn't know it was that big.

Tried my GTE-B this morning with 50lb PowerPro. It is sooooooooo sweet. I am used to Okuma Avenger which isn't bad in my opinion (I know you think otherwise), and I thought that was solid. This reel redefined solid today for me.

And since I also have to keep my car so I can go fishing without making arrangments with my wife for her car.... I'll just net my fish then ;-) Or try a hostile takeover on your runner --- oh wait, he is your dad. Forget it. :wallbash:

Make sure you have enough for breakfast... or at least feed your runner well. Might come in needy tomorrow ;-) (won't jinx it any more than that) This last hour of work is so hard ......

BTW, Victor disappeared again. He must be somewhere brewing his secret recipe groundbait and maize....

Edited by wolfville