Anybody gone for lakers lately?

cheese

I'm heading up to Haliburton for a shot at some lakers.... taking jr. with me. He caught his first on wire line last year and he's looking forward to spending some time with uncles and cousins. I like to use Williams Wobblers.... any other suggestions?

I'll post a report on Monday, Brian

I went up to Temagami for the may long weekend and we found the lakers their liked mepps cyclops spoons. I was using a silver and yellow one and they seemed to always want to take mine over everyone else's (I wasn't complaining). We had a few caught on medium sized wobblers as well. We were just trolling with normal line as slow as we could, but the fish weren't more than 20 feet deep so it wasn't an issue.

Try minnow baits like rebels or rapalas in natural colours. Smaller cleos and phoebes can be killer too.

Dartees are one of my favs.

331.jpg

Where in Haliburton are you heading to? I will be up on Kashag this weekend trying my luck for LM Bass.

We have also caught lakers on dipsey divers,using the same set-up as salmon,this time of year with all the heat & hot weather we have had,i would be using downriggers,we usuall do very well for lake trout ,if you have the equiptment go for it.....ALSO THE BEST CHEAP AND EASY WAY TO CATCH LAKERS....THE 3-WAY SYSTEM....ITS DEADLY cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: