OK..So I lied...another Carp Report - June 20

ccmtcanada

Ok...so I lied...we did go out tonight for 2 hours. Bly has been working hard to get stuff organized for Lakair and we could spare a little time. Plus, I couldn't disappoint Victor, Wolfville, Mike the Pike, and Fishinonthebrain!! LOL

Anyways...a quick report. Went back to our local swim...conditions were nice and calm. No winds, lots of geese and comfortable NOT humid temps.

Bly lost one early and then later brought in the first one...a nice 30" 16 pounder....I thought I'd try to get a more interesting angle on this one....haha.

gallery_60_23_12953.jpg

Then, a little while later, I got to tussle with this smaller one. It went around the infamous log, so as soon as I felt it in there, I opened the bail...and waited. The fish just sat there at the end of the log...not moving. I slowly walked to the end of the log and started a VERRRRRY slow retrieve. Once it was clear, I brought it in more aggessively. Anyhow...a smaller guy...at 27 inches and 12 pounds 6 ounces.

gallery_60_23_11570.jpg

Sorry, my 1130 report is a bit late!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Cliff and Carole.

Keep the lies coming.... I knew I should check ;-) You know, you can still go out tomorrow night, write a report, then go to Lakair on Friday morning...

I was gonna post about my recent sessions, but I guess it can wait until tomorrow now.

I'm so glad you lied :D ... good that i check OFC every so often even though i thought that there wouldn't be a ccmt-carp-report tonight ...

another good outing eh "Carpmaster Cliff"

thanks for keeping me sane lol ... the two 1lb fish i got today just really wasn't worth reporting ... i think i have developed the best bait for baby carp haha

... and now please keep lying to us

OK...Carpmaster has to be reserved for Photoz. Photoz has gotten many on the board interested and hooked on carping. So... let's come up with another good name for our friend Cliff.

The Carp Violator

Good stuff Cliff :thumbsup_anim:

OK...Carpmaster has to be reserved for Photoz. Photoz has gotten many on the board interested and hooked on carping. So... let's come up with another good name for our friend Cliff.

Completely agree!!! Thanks Jimmyz for the kudos, but truth be known, bly and I are VERY new at Carp fishing and a title isn't earned. There are plenty of guys here who dont post as often who are MUCH more adept at catching them. We use very basic systems and they work when they are actively feeding. The great anglers here will MAKE them eat, by employing a bunch tactics that I have no idea about.

Some carp ppl I look up to on this board who have helped us out a lot are Photoz, MJL, DSN, Wolfville, Victor and a few others I know I'm forgetting!!!

You can lie all you want, when it comes to Carp reports. :thumbsup_anim: To think i went to bed early last night, thinking there would be no Cliff & Carol's Carp Adventure report until sometime next week. I've never fished for Carp before and hope to give it a try sometime down the road. In the meantime i will enjoy Carp fishing through your reports and those of all the other Carping members like Photoz, Wolfville, Victor, MJL, DSN and few others. Have a safe trip to Lakair. I look forward to your next report as well as all the other lakair reports next week.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Funny, I didn't even log in last night, not expecting a late report from anyone. And Lo and Behold, log in this morning and you have done it again... Awesome report... it truly is wonderful to see you doing together what you truly love.

Thats what time management is all about.

Now... you are taking a laptop to Lakair< right?? Will miss your report but look forward to them upon your return.

Be safe but most importantly, have fun!

Cheers,

jen

11:47pm is it safe to say Bly and CCMT are actually packing for Lakair.You never know maybe and I know its a slim chance that there is a report coming .Ok I am going to bed.

PhotoZ, Wolfville ,MJL ,DSN, Urbanangler and Victor are going to have to pick up th slack for carp reports :whistling:

MTP

11:47pm is it safe to say Bly and CCMT are actually packing for Lakair.You never know maybe and I know its a slim chance that there is a report coming .Ok I am going to bed.

PhotoZ, Wolfville ,MJL ,DSN, Urbanangler and Victor are going to have to pick up th slack for carp reports :whistling:

MTP

MTP, that's too big a shoe to fill......but I'll try.