New to Ontario Fishing - Zone 16

Zathorious

Depends on the body of water too. Some lakes are fun because they have big numbers of 1.5-2lb fish to keep you busy. A couple weeks ago on Erie, I fished for 3 hours and only caught 7 fish...but nothing under 4 lbs and the best would have been a tick over 6lbs. That's great, just not for kids or the impatient. Oh, and I was 2 or 3 kilometers from shore so obviously not for shore fisherman.

Depends on the body of water too. Some lakes are fun because they have big numbers of 1.5-2lb fish to keep you busy. A couple weeks ago on Erie, I fished for 3 hours and only caught 7 fish...but nothing under 4 lbs and the best would have been a tick over 6lbs. That's great, just not for kids or the impatient. Oh, and I was 2 or 3 kilometers from shore so obviously not for shore fisherman.

Psh - I can cast that far. :P

My honey hole is fricken sweet!

25 bass is a bad day

But, it changes with water Conditions/flow etc. It's best in summer and fall

Summer is wicked for numbers, but fall is for the fatties.

Keep in mind when I say 25 is a bad day, that's on a 6-7 hour day. I've caught over 100 lotsa times but im down there with food, drinks, fire etc. I might fish 15 hours to get a 100 fish. Lotsa people shore fishing might only fish a few hours

Ask GBW, one day I was fishing tubes for the first time. We were chatting on the phone and im not sure on the number??? But I think I caught like 13 bass in maybe 15 casts lol

Damn I love that spot though!

Edited by manitoubass2

Ask GBW, one day I was fishing tubes for the first time. We were chatting on the phone and im not sure on the number??? But I think I caught like 13 bass in maybe 15 casts lol

Yeah my phone was non-stop that day with pic's coming in, lol!!

My honey hole is fricken sweet!

25 bass is a bad day

But, it changes with water Conditions/flow etc. It's best in summer and fall

Summer is wicked for numbers, but fall is for the fatties.

Keep in mind when I say 25 is a bad day, that's on a 6-7 hour day. I've caught over 100 lotsa times but im down there with food, drinks, fire etc. I might fish 15 hours to get a 100 fish. Lotsa people shore fishing might only fish a few hours

Damn I love that spot though!

Yeah bud. The 25 was in about 2 hours. Gf and sister don't have the patience. So numbers ovef size. This was also before the storm.

Yeah bud. The 25 was in about 2 hours. Gf and sister don't have the patience. So numbers ovef size. This was also before the storm.

Yep that's a honey hole all right! Super fun places to fish obviously!!!

I betcha it would hold some big fish come fall!

Edited by manitoubass2

Yep that's a honey hole all right! Super fun places to fish obviously!!!

I betcha it would hold some big fish come fall!

It's funny, come fall it clears out. Fish head out into the 'deeper water (15 ft max) I've figured out the lake but I've never figured out why. It bucks a lot of logic.

I'm also told I missed out. This spring with the water high I was told it was holding some monster walleye and muskie before the water temps warmed up.

Edited by jeremy84

It's funny, come fall it clears out. Fish head out into the 'deeper water (15 ft max) I've figured out the lake but I've never figured out why. It bucks a lot of logic.

I'm also told I missed out. This spring with the water high I was told it was holding some monster walleye and muskie before the water temps warmed up.

Ughhh bummer

My spot gets wicked end of summer for pike too, then walleye in the fall. No wallies in summer though, just sauger