need sturgeon L opinion

bp swing

My son and I may be headed to Sturgeon L for the 1st time next week. We are considering a place at the south end of the lake accross from pickerel Pt. Can anyone tell me if this is productive musky water in this area or is this area too far away from the productive areas. ???? Thanks in advance. BP

Thanks for the 1 reply.

As far as the intro goes...Are you saying no one here will help without me giving an autobiography of my life and social security number??????? I know of no other fishing boards where you have to beg for help. If someone wants to help..thank you otherwise me and my son will manage like we always have.

Thanks for the 1 reply.

As far as the intro goes...Are you saying no one here will help without me giving an autobiography of my life and social security number??????? I know of no other fishing boards where you have to beg for help. If someone wants to help..thank you otherwise me and my son will manage like we always have.

I guess what we are saying is out of common courtesy please just say Hi and tell us a little about yourself. You will find a much warmer reception. I don't think that it too much to ask. This is a give and take place, we like it that way.....

Thanks for the 1 reply.

I am pretty sure what Barnie's Band of Gold was referring to is that we are a community and to get to know you, an introduction is always nice. Where you fish, what you like to fish for, what makes you smile... ie: your sons first catch... or when your wife outfishes you... those sorts of things. It isn't begging for help... specially not here...its just being curtious and social.

Stick around a while, you will find it very enjoyable.

Welcome to the OFC community BP Swing... can't wait to read your reports...

I wish I could help with your question, but haven't yet moved on to Muskie fishing... although it is on the list for this year!

Cheers

Jen

bp_swing, this board isn't really the Fast Food of fishing sites, we don't aim to have Millions and Millions served, but instead value and foster the common interest we all share...Fishing! A little introduction and contribution goes a long way.

That being said...I haven't fished in that particular area, but 'productive musky water' isn't always where everyone else is fishing. Look for cover adjacent to deeper water including weed edges, pockets, rock piles etc and work the areas thoroughly. Fish with confidence and you should hook into some fish. There is a healthy Musky population so the fish will all have their own territories scattered throughout the lake.

Have fun! and welcome to the site.

Tony

Tony

I know of no other fishing boards where you have to beg for help. If someone wants to help..thank you otherwise me and my son will manage like we always have.

I know of no other boards where you will get the quantity and quality of help that you can get here, you just have to be polite! I am a little courious though; since you seem to be aware of several other boards, why did you ask on this one?

OFC is a family, we all try to help each other, not just with fishing but if you follow the posts for a while you will soon learn that very few questions ever go unanswered.

I hope you will stick around and become part of the family! Enjoy your trip to Sturgeon Lake.