Ads now on mobile site?

scugpg

Noticed them too.

Get off the wallet and donate to the running costs of the site and there would be no need for them, but as they state they minimize the amount of ads so as to pay for the costs associated with keeping this board going

Sorry but the site costs have made it necessary to start the mobile ads. We fought it for years but we are at Rock bottom meaning the owners have been funding the site to keep it on line. We are trying to keep the ads as unintrusive as we can. We have very poor recruitment of people going to our sponsors sites and this has in combination with the cost of Internet services been a year of negative income. We decided to not sacrifice our bandwidth and our security measures to keep the site safe. If you know of someone who would like to be a sponsor and advertise here please contact your favorite moderator /owner and we will follow up with them.

Thank you

Art

Sorry but the site costs have made it necessary to start the mobile ads. We fought it for years but we are at Rock bottom meaning the owners have been funding the site to keep it on line. We are trying to keep the ads as unintrusive as we can. We have very poor recruitment of people going to our sponsors sites and this has in combination with the cost of Internet services been a year of negative income. We decided to not sacrifice our bandwidth and our security measures to keep the site safe. If you know of someone who would like to be a sponsor and advertise here please contact your favorite moderator /owner and we will follow up with them.

Thank you

Art

I see. Many sites have an option to pay/donate for an ad free experience. Is that on the table for future implementation Art?

Thanks

We are going to see if this will get us in the black for now. I only ask you to click on ads that you have an interest in we do not want to rip off our sponsors. We are in discussion on a members plus thinggy to eliminate ads for members who wish to purchase that route. We will have to see what it would entail legally and if it would cause issues with the boards stability. Right now we have IT Chad working hard to try to stop some of our issues with bandwidth usage and server fees to make it so we can still offer a quality experience for all of us. I will keep you all posted as we go forward with the site improvments.

Art

We are going to see if this will get us in the black for now. I only ask you to click on ads that you have an interest in we do not want to rip off our sponsors. We are in discussion on a members plus thinggy to eliminate ads for members who wish to purchase that route. We will have to see what it would entail legally and if it would cause issues with the boards stability. Right now we have IT Chad working hard to try to stop some of our issues with bandwidth usage and server fees to make it so we can still offer a quality experience for all of us. I will keep you all posted as we go forward with the site improvments.

Art

Thanks for the reply. This makes the mobile skin choppy at times even as I type this. Really brings down the experience of browsing or responding now. Can you at least turn off video playing ads?

Do keep us posted on an ad free/donate option.

Thanks

I'm a sponsoring member on a few (Automotive) forums; which gives you some perks, like no adds, not having to have a host for posting pics ect.

If this board goes that route and if it was relatively cheep; I wouldn't mind sponsoring here.

Dan.

• 2 months later...

At this time the premium no ad would cause more issues than it would be worth. We would almost have to create a mirror site and expand our bandwidth more than an reasonable cost could be given. The ads you see will be kept to a minimum and used to pay the bills the site incurs.

Thanks for the support of the site.

Art