65+

desship

I was looking at 2017 fishing regulations.On it it says anybody under 18 does not require fishing licence.In the past regulations it always said anybody under 18 and over 65 does not require a licence.

I know they were talking about charging seniors . Just wondering if anybody knows whats going on.

A person is deemed to be the holder of a Recreational Fishing Licence if they are: 1. Residents of Ontario and Canada under 18 years old, or 65 years of age or older and in possession of any licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by the Government of Canada or a provincial or territorial government of Canada that indicates their name and date of birth.

http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/2017/2017_Licence_information_and_fees_Englilsh.pdf

They will change it the year after I turn 65. Unless you turn 65 in the winter and don't ice fish you still need to buy a licence for that time you are 64. I am thinking once you turn 65 you don't need to show the Outdoors Card just I.D. proving age. Am I correct guys?

I was told by someone in the know they are going to crack down on using a Disabled Permit or proof of a disability to exempt oneself from getting a license.

They will change it the year after I turn 65. Unless you turn 65 in the winter and don't ice fish you still need to buy a licence for that time you are 64. I am thinking once you turn 65 you don't need to show the Outdoors Card just I.D. proving age. Am I correct guys?

I was told by someone in the know they are going to crack down on using a Disabled Permit or proof of a disability to exempt oneself from getting a license.

Last I heard too was currently 65+ in the 'new year season' only needs valid GOV ID. My father is 65+ and if stopped all he needs is his drivers lic or new green heath card to show his name and b-day.

I hope not, I was hoping the 3 year i bought would be my last I need to pay for

what do you mean crack down on using a Disabled Permit or proof of a disability to exempt oneself from getting a license.

If you read the regs on page 4 it says a person with a disability "that requires assistance from another person" to fish. If you are fishing alone you may need a license. I don't know I missed a few years of Law school.

I've read that as the person aiding the handicap fisherperson doesn't need a license as long as they are only aiding the handicap, if they are fishing with their own rod they need a license, I would assume.

Yes , I think the point he is making is if you don't have someone with you assisting you. Then you are able to fish by yourself and so your handicap sticker doesn't allow you to fish license free

thank you thats good to know i think i stopped reading it when it didnt suit me lol

my bad learned something new

thank you thats good to know i think i stopped reading it when it didnt suit me lol

my bad learned something new

Rereading it I think you are OK with a CNIB card or a Ontario Handicap sticker in any situation, other cards and documentation from other Canadian or Provincial agencies would require that assistance is required to fish and probably a judgement call in the field. I would expect something like producing my ODSP documentation for hearing loss would bring a smile to the CO's face as he reached for his pen.

I think it is this part that he was posting about

any licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by the
Government of Canada or a provincial or territorial government of

Canada that indicates the person’s name and date of birth. This
individual must require the direct assistance of another person to
fish
and to follow applicable laws in respect of fishing because of
a condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability, a
learning disability or dysfunction or a mental disorder. The person
accompanying the above person does not require a fishing
licence if they are only assisting, but must have a licence if they
wish to engage in fishing.