kawartha walleye report (pic heavy)

snagmaster

Hey guys i managed to get out walleye fishing last week on monday and thursday ....both days were gorgeous weather 30 deg and 5 - 10km wind from the south....was out on monday with my GF and the fishing was pretty good...got three quick fish all about 16'' right off the bat.

img3083sm6.jpg

img3089mp1.jpg

after that the fishing slowed down for about two hours but it was mostly due to us swimming and enjoying the lake..lol. found another school with bigger fish and went 3 for 5. all were between 17 and 19''....nice looking walleye :thumbsup_anim:

img3104ns8.jpg

img3101oj0.jpg

It was a great day on the water and my GF Sabrina was a great net girl...lol and all fish were released to swim another day

On thursday went out with a with a fellow ofner ...eric...and we managed to find some bigger fish ....all fish were between 16 and 22''....we caught 6 and only kept the two smallest....I caught these two one after another ...they must have been with in a foot of each other

img0434dx6.jpg

img0437nk9.jpg

img0439hl5.jpg

Gotta love june walleye fishing .....to bad its pissen outside or i would be out today....hahaha

Edited by snagmasteral

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice!!!Your lucky to have a good fishing partner during the week. I also like the rubber net. Do the hooks still get stuck to the rubber and doesn't it get damaged???

There's some good fishing! Nice report! :thumbsup_anim:

I also like the rubber net. Do the hooks still get stuck to the rubber and doesn't it get damaged???

Hey JB - I've been using a rubber net for 6 years now and never had a problem with the hooks damaging the netting.

Guest Johnny Bass
There's some good fishing! Nice report! :thumbsup_anim:

Hey JB - I've been using a rubber net for 6 years now and never had a problem with the hooks damaging the netting.

Thanks! Some times it takes me a while getting the hook and fish freed from the net!!And it also mangles the lures. Some one gave me a new frabill, although I still use my old mangled up net with shoe lace, stitch job.lol

But the next one will definately be rubber!

yeah JB for th last two years ive been using the rubber net and its great....never damaged or tanled yet.....had much more tangles with the oldschool nets and the rubber ones dont hurt the fish as much...ahhhhh bass opener is around the corner ....where you planning fro opener??

Guest Johnny Bass
yeah JB for th last two years ive been using the rubber net and its great....never damaged or tanled yet.....had much more tangles with the oldschool nets and the rubber ones dont hurt the fish as much...ahhhhh bass opener is around the corner ....where you planning fro opener??

Haven't decided yet. My friend wants to go back to Chandos, which I really dont want to but he is in a slump and I will take him if he likes. There was alot of good bass structure but we weren't targetting them, so who knows. Plus I might nail a trophy pike!!