The True Simcoe Experience

jimmer

Well, a friend's son was asking all week about fishing on Saturday. I kept telling him that I wanted nothing to do with a windy day out there on Simcoe. He texts me on Saturday morning asking when we're leaving (LOL) and that his dad would also join us. Not sure what went through me head, but agreed to go. We didn't get there until about 10:30 and the wind was too bad. Headed out and got two huts set up. Fishing was slow, but we got into a few. Then the wind picked up and we had to batten down the hatches. Went to move the ATV and the darn thing wouldn't start. We continued to fish, wondering how the heck we were going to get back in, caught a few more fish. Tried the ATV again and wouldn't start; it was flashing a fuel injection problem. We decided to put one of the huts over the ATV and get it heated up. 1/2 hour later it fired up, we kept it running and packed up and headed in.

Not a nice place to be when the wind is at 25 km.

However, I got to enjoy this on Sunday while remember the adventure of a couple of crazy guys.

Mango Perch.jpg

You should of fished Friday, then you would of thought Saturday and Sunday were just a breeze out there. Saturday was nice til around 11. Sunday was the same. You got out there just in time to enjoy the best part of the wind. LOL

Glad the bike started up. I hated that feeling when way out.

I had the same thing happen to my suzuki atv only it was 33 below zero,the fuel pump relay was to cold to work. I warmed it up with a hair drier and after 20 minutes it started right up.That nite i took it out and kept it in the cabin ,it started up fine the next day after reinstalling it.

vance