Who doesn't get SKUNKED fishing from shore in Lake O???

addy79

I've been fishing from shore all over lake O in the west end (port credit area) and have yet to even get a bite!! I figure my perserverance should pay off, but honestly, WHO DOESNT GET SKUNKED FISHING FROM SHORE IN LAKE O??!!

the only fish I ever see there are dead.

just an observation, anyone else have greater success than me?

worms eh? i guess thats worth a shot, resort back to the oldschool techniques. but you have to admit, the fishing is SLOW down there, if the guys bait fishing have to put alarms on the tips of there rods to tip em off of any action, its gotta be slow.

regardless, i am determined to land something out of that lake, and if you say worms are the trick, then worms it is. and trust me, the minute i do land ANYTHING i will post a report.

hhahah

Just look for some structure (rocks, drop offs)and/or weedlines and baitfish! That combination usually means something big is lurking nearby. Bly and I have had some pretty good success sticking to that combination. Oh yeah...we get skunked a lot too, but when you do land some big walleye and pike, it's all worth it. Dont give up!

All the marinas around there are loaded with pike and bass sheep head at the mouth bass and pike upstream between qew and lakeshore 4 sisters is good trout and salmon at the mouth i dont know how old school you want to go you only need 4 or five lures and some hooks and worms and you should be able to catch every thing. tell you what heres a tip been done before nothing illegle about it get an inner tube a pair of ten dollar flippers from crappy tire go to the east peir in port credit right to the end go in the water just till you clear the pier youll see a rock wall to thhe left get out here put in on the other side in the marina paddle around and toss jerk baits go natural with colors first thing in the morning is best so you dont piss anyone off be couteous and if they ask you to leave leave go somewher esle with a marina and do the same thing like cliff said structure and weeds are most important near the shores marinas are best

Sounds like a plan, there are some intriguing spots all along the shore in the port credit area, lots of LONG piers to fish from etc. I dont plan on letting up, persistance usually pays in this sport.

btw...

anyone ever fish the Adamson Estate just east of port credit?? i've fished there quite a few times with no success. I've seen lots of carp (tonnes actually) last thursday i must have seen about 25-30 of em cruising up close to shore. some must have been over 30lbs EASY!

im not too interested in catching carp, more after pike, trout, walleye

anyone ever fish the Adamson Estate just east of port credit?? i've fished there quite a few times with no success. I've seen lots of carp (tonnes actually) last thursday i must have seen about 25-30 of em cruising up close to shore. some must have been over 30lbs EASY!

im not too interested in catching carp, more after pike, trout, walleye

Yeah..I'd rather catch those species as well, but when and where they will be in the big lake is often difficult for those of us without boats. I recently got into carp fishing because I could see them around...everywhere in fact. Dont get me wrong, I'm still tryin for pike and walleye, but on those days I want a good fight on my line, I wont hesitate to get out the carp stuff. That, and how many opportunities do shore fishermen get a chance to fight and land a 25 pound fish? One thing bly and I do....we look to see what fish are swimming and then try to catch em!! LOL.

All the marinas around there are loaded with pike and bass sheep head at the mouth bass and pike upstream between qew and lakeshore 4 sisters is good trout and salmon at the mouth

i was under the impression that there is NO fishing allowed in or around the marinas. I gotta say...i was walking by the marina behind snug harbour and say a few bass lurking around the rocks within the marina. also saw bullheads and pike (i know strange) schooled together near the surface sunning themselves.

You arent the only one who has had bad luck.

Ive been down there many times and caught nothing.

Does anyone ever fish the spot under the Train Tracks in Port Credit ? I heard it was good but have never had any luck.

Here is a tip....

Go to Park Lawn and Lakeshore. (Park Lawn is East of Royal York and West of the Kingsway) Park at the West park and than walk to the East side until you hit the water that seperates the East/West Park. There are great rocks there to fish from at the corner and sides. You can also park on the East side but, the rocks are better on the West side.

Ive seen MONSTER fish jumping there (no idea what they were but I know they werent carp), cat fish, pike, carp and some other Mutant fish. The only problem is.... they dont want to bite! Ive never tried worms there though so it may be the trick!

I think they have been spoiled by people feeding them left over BBQ! hahaha

there is tons of room and different spots around there.