Two For Two

Big Cliff

I'm in no big rush for them. I won't be tapping trees for a while yet. That said, this mild spell has had a few trees running a little.....I may have missed a bit, but oh well, I'm just not ready yet!

Thanks again, really appreciate that.

S.

I'm here when you need them!

I was out yesterday roaming around the Beaverton area. We didn't catch nearly as many as you mentioned Cliff, but did bring home 20 for dinner. We tried a few spots, but ran into some real issues with the ice fields. The endless slush that came out of some of the holes was a real pain and we ended up giving up on a few holes. It was nice to get out though. First time this year for me on Simcoe.

I was out yesterday roaming around the Beaverton area. We didn't catch nearly as many as you mentioned Cliff, but did bring home 20 for dinner. We tried a few spots, but ran into some real issues with the ice fields. The endless slush that came out of some of the holes was a real pain and we ended up giving up on a few holes. It was nice to get out though. First time this year for me on Simcoe.

Yeah, the slush under the ice is a bit of a pain for sure. I find the perch are always in the areas that have it though. Not sure why that is, but I have seen it a few times now. When its like that I put the jiffy down the hole and just let 'er rip pulling water and slush on top of the ice. It helps a lot.

My better half and a friend of hers were out with Tim Hales yesterday and did well again. She came home with about 25-30 good ones for me to clean LOL.......said the morning was hot, but it slowed down mid day and started to pick up again about 4pm.

S.

Yeah, the slush under the ice is a bit of a pain for sure. I find the perch are always in the areas that have it though. Not sure why that is, but I have seen it a few times now. When its like that I put the jiffy down the hole and just let 'er rip pulling water and slush on top of the ice. It helps a lot.

My better half and a friend of hers were out with Tim Hales yesterday and did well again. She came home with about 25-30 good ones for me to clean LOL.......said the morning was hot, but it slowed down mid day and started to pick up again about 4pm.

S.

Glad to hear Lori did well but a good woman knows how to clean fish :whistling: JK, that one is a keeper for sure!

I'm here when you need them!

Just let me know when works for you, Now I only have a Nissan Rogue so with the seats folded down and the pails stacked I figure we might be able to get 50 of them in there. I only need 4 or 5 so Shane can have all the rest! I am out of town Feb. 2 and 3 and Feb.11 and 12 and 14 and 15. Any other date, just let me know a day or two in advance and I'll book off work and do a road trip.

Cliff glad to see you've managed to get out a couple of times already, I didn't think the ice would be thick enough. I currently have weekends off until March. Come March I will have Tue/Wed off and if the huts are still out would love to join you at least once if possible :)

I'll look forward to reading more of your reports in the meantime :)

Maureen

Moe it's been way too long, If he still has huts out in March it's a date :)

Just let me know when works for you, Now I only have a Nissan Rogue so with the seats folded down and the pails stacked I figure we might be able to get 50 of them in there. I only need 4 or 5 so Shane can have all the rest! I am out of town Feb. 2 and 3 and Feb.11 and 12 and 14 and 15. Any other date, just let me know a day or two in advance and I'll book off work and do a road trip.

Email sent.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys are awesome!

I haven't even tapped a tree yet. I've been sick the last 4 days. Hope to get them done saturday. I've missed some, but there will be more to come!

S.

Just let me know when you want to pick them up. They are in my car right now but not in my way. If you need a hand taping trees just let me know, have drill just need to know what else is required.

Albert thank you so much for the pails and the goodies, I had no idea you were behind all those beautiful brochures. I really enjoyed the chance to sit and talk with you and would love to get you out perch fishing with me anytime! Hope all goes well with your wife, sounds like you are on the right track. If you ever need ANYTHING, just let me know (I know where you live :rofl2: )

A promise made is a debt unpaid!

Big Cliff

Albert thank you so much for the pails and the goodies, I had no idea you were behind all those beautiful brochures. I really enjoyed the chance to sit and talk with you and would love to get you out perch fishing with me anytime! Hope all goes well with your wife, sounds like you are on the right track. If you ever need ANYTHING, just let me know (I know where you live :rofl2: )

A promise made is a debt unpaid!

Big Cliff

Cliff, it was my pleasure, to bad the weather wasn't better we could have had a cold on the patio.

Too late for perch this year but next year if we are well I'll take you up on it for sure, since one of the kids is coming your way soon.

Watch the "red" stuff It came out of those pails before I gave it guidence!

Those brochures/books are made with our tax money, might as well make them look good I say!