7'6 vs 8 foot musky rods-much difference?

Weeds

Hi, as I mentioned in a different post I'd ordered a 8 foot MH st croix premier musky rod. It came in the mail and they sent me the 7'6 MH instead. I've actually owned this rod before, thought it was a great rod but figured the 8 footer might have a slight edge when it came to casting lighter buck tails which is what I intend on throwing the majority of the time. At the same time I'm tempted to just keep what they've given me. Can anybody speak from experience, is there much difference really between the two? They have identical specs regarding lure weight and line rating. They've offered to swap them if my mail back this one. Thanks

6" :D

the 8 footer is perfect for small bucktails and topwaters like a top raider, it'll also double well as a heavy pike rod. i may have a bit of OCD and would mail it right back to them.

I have a gut feeling that while the 7'6er would be just fine but the 8 footer would be better. Landry, I know the MH sounds light but I should clarify that when I say small buck tails I mean just that; I'm talking lures in the 3/4 to one a half ounce range. Small by a typical musky fisher mans standards, but huge by a kids gazing at the lures at Canadian tire. The bigger Mepps, Blue Fox Musky Bucks, that kind of thing.