A once in in a lifetime fishing trip!

Big Cliff

Cliff we used to make the long drive to the Long Lac area and stayed right on Hwy. 11 as our base camp. We ran into more than 1 group of "Fly in only" groups of Yanks and Canucks who lost it when they saw us and found out we drove and portaged to hidden tinnies in the bush into their Fly In only lake(s). You really don't have to fly in if you have a few young backs to carry a 9.9 and gas in. Now you don't have to, you can easily carry a 4HP 4 stroke Honda under 1 arm and the case of brew to sell to the fly in only guys under the other. I still feel bad to this day for those guys. We dropped off a few cases of beer and groceries at the secret entry point on the Kimberly Clark logging road to 1 starving crew of Yanks. One guy kept in touch with me up to a few years ago.

If I were to plan a trip I would go to M2B2's neck of the woods. Lake of the Woods said to be the best freshwater fishing on the planet and I believe that strongly. You will have a guide waiting for you there named Rick. I'm sure he will set you up. And you won't need to spend the kids inheritance to do it. Fly to Thunder Bay and rent a van.