More Lowrance questions

b_cdot

I'm getting an hds 9 gen 3 for my main console. I have a HDS5 gen 2 at the bow. I'm looking at running my LSS2 transducer straight to thhe hds 9 and then running ethernet cable up to the bow. My hds 5 does have structure scan capabilities. My question is. Can I still access my structure scan/chartplotter from my hds 9 but run my bow mount 2d transducer on a split screen? This sounds complicated but do I have to unplug the ethernet cable to get my normal 2d sonar from my trolling motor transducer?

You don't have to unplug anything. You can select the source sensor for each unit in the Sonar menu. You can actually look at the HDS 5 transducer on the 9 and the 9's on the 5 if you want simply by selecting each other's transducers. Your map chips & waypoints will all be shared automatically too but your trails will remain distinct to each unit.

Edited by G.mech

This is a matter of what until you turn on 1st. If the 9 is turned on 1st it is the gps it is side image. your 2D is just your xduser for that untit. If you turn the 5 on 1st it is the gps and side image.

If the 9 is turned on 1st at console and you mark a waypoint it will be at the console. The next day you turn the 5 on first and try to go back to that way point you will miss by 100's ft.

It's all that geometry stuff.

This is a matter of what until you turn on 1st. If the 9 is turned on 1st it is the gps it is side image. your 2D is just your xduser for that untit. If you turn the 5 on 1st it is the gps and side image.

If the 9 is turned on 1st at console and you mark a waypoint it will be at the console. The next day you turn the 5 on first and try to go back to that way point you will miss by 100's ft.

It's all that geometry stuff.

That's not the way my stuff works. The waypoint data is recorded at whichever unit you mark it with and the data shared to the other...no difference which one is turned on first as far as I know. I have never seen any difference returning to a waypoint, the data is exactly the same in both.