Spruce Lake Trail

Locnar

Gravel road, easy traveling. Some of the roads in the area are dicey, just use your best judgement when you get to each. In particular, Swordfingal Lake Trail has some areas that would make one turn back, but my brother has driven it in a Cobalt. V Lake trail has some dicey sections, but it is walkable if you need to halt your travels.

You can get to Mayo Lake through Crooked Trail off of Spruce Lake Trail. Cool little gravel pit on the way in.

Also, consider Mephisto Lake Landing.

Check your regs, too. I can't remember which lakes are stocked or not, but should be ample opportunities around there.

I've never tried fishing for rainbows or any other trout in the fall... Any starter's advice? Lures, bait... classic fall habitat? ... I've been trying to research online, but all of the trout fishing tips I can find are about steelies or lakers.

Edited by Locnar

I've never tried fishing for rainbows or any other trout in the fall... Any starter's advice? Lures, bait... classic fall habitat? ... I've been trying to research online, but all of the trout fishing tips I can find are about steelies or lakers.

Shallow. Worm and a bobber usually works LOL....seriously. The later in the fall the better. They are fun to catch, and easy to get from shore in the late fall.

S.

Worm and bobber in the shallows eh? Like, against shore kinda shallow? Or like 5-10ft kinda shallow? Will they still go for a spinner or small spoon? Minnows? We'll hopefully have about 2 days of fishing, since we are camping at the lake for the night.