Garage Heater - NF

grimsbylander

I have a single car garage set up as a wood shop and insulated. I use a heater similar to the one in the link. It won't heat the garage so you can wear shorts and t-shirts, but it will keep things above freezing.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1500w-portable-oil-filled-radiator-heater.1000799577.html?autoSuggest=pip

My wood shop is shorts and T shirt in dead of winter..my wife keeps us freezing in the house but the shop is comfy

I have one of those Mr.Heater Big Maxx in my garage for the winter, its amazing. Its so efficient, and so warm. I leave it super low, maybe 10 degrees when I'm not out there, and then when I go out, I turn it up to 22, and its hot in absolutely no time. It wasn't super cheap, the do go on sale with quite a discount at TSC very often. But it was a one time thing, where I bit the bullet, spent the money, and I'll be happy with it for many years to come.

Might be worth asking some home reno stores in Quebec. I have never seen garage heaters in any house in ontario built from factory although I am sure there may be some. It seems the quebec homes are built with garage heaters installed.

Back when my dad lived in Montreal, there was a simple garage heater with a built in thermostat that kicked in when the temp dropped. It hung from the ceiling of the garage. the garage was at least 11 feet tall (single car garage) and it never got very cold. not toasty warm but good enough to be able to work on the car etc without freezing. Dad sold the house 2 years ago after 25 years of living there and the heater worked great as day one.

Edited by huzzsaba