Replaced my trolling motor under warranty. Replacement is dinged up.

rhymobot

Hello again everyone.

So my 32lb Shakespeare I bought on sale for $103+tax last year died after 13 months. Happened on the water. But that's why I only go out if the wind is calm or wind is pushing back to the launch. And I have an inflatable. Not good for rowing in high winds.

I only happened to have bought this last year because my Minn Kota switch broke on me on the water last May and that warranty was long past so instead of paying $80+ to fix my 30lb Endura, I decided to buy this for $103 with the 2 year warranty.

The day before I could tell that when I was engaging fwd or reverse, it wasn't working until the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th time I did it. Then the next day it was working fine for 20 mins and then finally no matter how many times I tried it wouldn't engage. So probably the switch broke.

Anyway, as you can see in the video, the replacement I got from CT has a serious ding where the prop connects. This was actually the one and only 32lb Shakespeare they had in stock at that location. I only discovered this ding at home and now I'm wondering if that will be a problem for the seal. Is water going to get in the prop and mess it up?

It looks like maybe the motor was a mish mash of old and new parts from a previous warranty or something?

https://vimeo.com/177499549

It's pretty solid metal there and that would have taken a big hit to dent it in like that.

Think I should get them to replace yet again, but at a different store since this one only had one in stock? The location I got it from last year was close because I lived nearby. Now I'm a good 25 minutes away from there. But got two within 10 minutes to where I am now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by rhymobot

Take it back - it's probably a return from another customer that was checked out to be sold as a refurb - as in used. Get a new one if you can, why bother with something that has been used when you can get new, after all you bought new with a warranty in place to protect you.

Michael