Open seat Wednesday - casting Muskie St Clair

landry

My usual 4 fishing buddies are all unavailable to fish this week and I am heading to St Clair. I do not troll - love to cast.

So - I have an open seat for a fellow OFC'er if anyone is interested.

I live in Cambridge. Not sure on departure time yet. May leave early for morning bite it may leave later and fish till dark. I always fish a solid 10+ hours though.

It was the worst I have seen it. Not a single follow - packed it in at dinner time I never quit early but it was desolate and HOt out there. The trollers looked like they were struggling too.

Belle, Ruscom, eat if Thames. Nada.

Thats unfortunate. The hot temps are killing me on the french as well. One follow, and one lost over four days. Ive been skunked on st clair before, not fun after the three hour drive. The smallies cheer me up though.

I have been skunked casting a few times obviously but overall we usually manage to salvage a slow day. I had a great multi spplayer cues spring but my last 4 trips, not all muskies, have been very poor. Life is tough. First world problems

I don't bring my smallie stuff usually cause the I weaken if it's slow and fish for "bait". Those slow days are when a giant appears out of nowhere:)

I was out there too. Water temps are ridiculously high. We found a floater and spent a decent amount of time trying to revive it but no go. Saw the charters get a few. Had one hit. Weird day wind wise. We got there around 130pm and NW coming right at us as we left the Thames. 10 min later flat calm till about 6 when SW chop. I will wait till fall now. Those water temps are dangerously high and many fish must be dying. Too f'n HOT!!