Kahshe Lake

skdds

Hi guys,

I'm heading up to Kahshe lake (near Gravenhurst) in about two weeks for some R&R (Fishing!). I've read up on most of the posts here about that lake..rocks! etc..but hey that's good for fishing! Has anyone been up there recently? Not asking for your spots but what lures and presentations have been good-bass and toothy fish will be my targets, I'm startn to put my gear together. Thanks! Skdds

Our family's cottage is on Kash. It's my home lake and I don't spread a lot of fishing info around on it, however, the rocks are no joke. I know the lake very well and I've still managed to take out the lower on our ski boat once, and dinged a few props on the tinners over the years. Anyone on the lake calls it Krashy lake for a reason. Even the guys who've been working on the lake running barges for construction etc. are known to do in a lower unit once a season. Navionics is much better marked than it used to be, but don't for a second think that's all the obstructions. There are decent populations of pike and bass, so have fun and be careful.

Edited by porkpie

That a lot more than the whole week is gonna cost! I'm working out of a yak but it has a driver below the boat and I've wrecked it before on submerged rock and wood so I'll still need to watch it as well. Won't cost 3G's to fix though but not worth the aggravation either.

The worst part about the rocks is that they are very hard to see because they're dark. I saw a boat hit a patch I had just worked my way through and it was 6 inches under the water. The guy drove off, so not sure what kind of damage he sustained.