Evening fishing with CCMT

wolfville

Okay, I decided to make this post because Cliff is not used to make posts .... when we didn't catch nothing. Ok, well, almost nothing. He did catch his PB today..... his first ever seagull ;-) That poor thing flew right into his line and got himself wrapped good. It also set off the bite alarm, did a proper drop back and then a run. We actually had to use the net to net it and untangle it from the line.

But I had a good time just chatting with him and Bly. Catching is just part of fishing, we sure did very well in all other aspects. Cliff/Carole, hope we'll do this (sans skunking) again.

What? No Pictures??? LOL

I know from Eastons experience how difficult those birds are to untangle from line... Although it was worth the tears of laughter.

Glad to hear you all had a great time!

Jen

Wolfville - Thanks for a great evening! Even though we didn't catch anything, it was still great to sit and chat. Thanks for the use of your equipment too...having the bite alarm was very strange for me...I'm still used to using my finger...LOL. Thanks for being a great net man when landing that seagull...wish we had taken a picture or two for the gallery!! We'll definately get together again soon....and we should also plan a Peterborough trip with some of the other carpers on the board later in the summer...would be great to have a G2G!! Oh yeah....thanks for picking up that carp gear for bly and I...I almost ate a peach boilie or two...they smelled great...LOL.

Jen - It wasn't until our successful release that we thought we should have taken a pic or two!!! Oh well...next time!

Victor - I measured the seagull, went home and was VERY disappointed that it didn't count toward my avid angler status on OFAH. Oh well...still need one more species!!! haha.

Photoz - Wolfville was telling me about your encounter with swan after I caught that seagull...sounded like an interesting fight!!! LOL. Hope all went well yesterday for you!

MJL - We were sitting and chatting...I noticed the seagull flying low to the water, searching for baitfish to dive bomb. My alarm went off and I knew right away the bird got caught. He didn't go airborn unless I let slack go into the line. When it became evident that he was too tangled to get free by himself, and I reeled in, he couldn't fly. Wolfville carefully unwrapped our feathered friend and it flew away immediately! Funny thing though, once that happened, we didn't see another seagull anywhere near us for the rest of the night....haha.

As far as carp action was concerned there was very little. Funny how a swim can be teaming with them one night and then not be there the next. I had plenty of line bumps, and Wolfville had one taker, but no hook set. We'll get into them soon though!!!