Cannon Mini Mag Switch

HTHM

I am looking for a up / down switch for a mini-mag. The one with four prongs on the back, I broke mine yesterday and it appears the switch is no longer available. If anyone has an old downrigger that is good for parts, let's see what we can work out. Thanks.

did you try Fish 307? They have all the schematics for Cannon riggers which makes it easy to see what part you need and they have a good supply for older models

I have first generation Mag 10's from the late 80's and get all my parts here.

Quick shipping as they are just over in NY.

did you try Fish 307? They have all the schematics for Cannon riggers which makes it easy to see what part you need and they have a good supply for older models

I have first generation Mag 10's from the late 80's and get all my parts here.

Quick shipping as they are just over in NY.

No, but I will. Thanks!

Did you try their service center ?

Bay Distributors,

North Bay

705-476-6010

Can you not use any 3 way switch that will fit?

You can use a 3 way switch BUT with Cannon's switch it doesn't stay in down position, you have to hold it down for lowering the ball, it is to prevent from hitting bottom/snag if you forget to stop it,

with a regular 3 way switch you better pay attention or you may loose everything.

Another place you can try, they are also Cannon authorized service center in BC

Mike's Reel Repair

1-888-404-1119

One more thing to consider,

The waterproof rubber boot for that switch is a separate part, you might want to order that if the old one is cracked or broken.

Edited by stonefish

Did you try their service center ?

Bay Distributors,

North Bay

705-476-6010

You can use a 3 way switch BUT with Cannon's switch it doesn't stay in down position, you have to hold it down for lowering the ball, it is to prevent from hitting bottom/snag if you forget to stop it,

with a regular 3 way switch you better pay attention or you may loose everything.

The switch I am holding in my hand right now doesn't stay on when pushed down, but only has 3 pins. Will that work? I got it at napa. Part # TG6566 I believe.....

I don't know if this will work on the riggers, but it might.

S.

Here is what you are looking for... should not have 4 wires 3 if spdt 6 if dpdt

http://www.iboats.com/Toggle-Switch-Spdt-On-Off-On-Ancor/dm/cart_id.870898857--session_id.039296700--view_id.931486

Any marine store would be able to get you a a switch... (mom on) off on spdt (single pole double throw) or dpst (double pole double throw)

Just make sure it has a 10 or 15 amp rating

Edited by kerrykcass