Port Dalhousie Brown conditions

moocow

Does anyone with experience on L. Ontario spring browns know how the weather this week will have affected the chase ? I'm sure with all the rain & wind things must be stirred up. Mud line will be out quite aways but will the browns remain in close ?

Thanks,

Moo

when the mudline extends way out, I find the fishing gets VERY tough....

do you work the outside mudline (it might be in 30' of water....too deep).

do you work the shallows where the mud extends through it all.....very much needle in a haystack fishing....

you are correct - it won't be "easy" fishing tomorrow/sunday.

wide wobbling baits and dark coloured baits (in the mud dark shows up better than bright) and use the rattles....

hopefully the water temps didn't drop too much....they were 42 last weekend...if they dropped to the mid 30's, combined with the mud....well....still better than being at home :)

Thanks Steve, yes my plan is to stick close to shore and if that fails ... well I guess deeper for some possible lakers. Have been thinking Pickering or Bruce plants might also be a better option. Never been to either and a Bit of a drive for me but might improve the chances ?

I get quite a few lakers mixed in with browns shore casting , I'd work the shore for them this time of year. Still mud next to shore but clearing with a distinct break maybe 1/4 mile out, I'd be working the edge of the break, can see the lake from the end of my driveway.

lots of mud today out Jordan -- the harbour kicking it out like a brown smoothie , with driftwood and small branches floating all over- we didn't go all the way to the outside edges, but it looked to be in the 30, 35 foot range. There were some pockets of green water to be found, but the screen was more active in the mud than the green. Temps were a consistent 38 - 39. We had a late start, not hitting the water till almost 10:30. Was a slow day, and then the winds picked up out of the NE.was nice to get out again. 1 small brownie for our efforts.