Port Maitland Pier

huzzsaba

I'm thinking of trying the Pier at Port Maitland one the weekdays but being so far from where I am, I wanted to know if its worth heading out there in the next few weeks. Mainly targeting perch and pike if any. other in season fish as well if they bite.

Thanks

No, I haven't a clue sorry Huzz, I've heard of Otter Creek that's about it. We go to Pt. Bruce down the road to get out on the lake for Perch a few times a year. The creek at Pt. Bruce has sheepshead and cats in the creek in the summer. Check out Stomps Long Point channel 6-8 fishing forum for that area. Plenty of info there.

I'm presuming you are camping there. Have you ever camped at Rock Point P.P. It is right next to the Grand in Port Maitland on the east side of the river. Plenty of shore fishing there in the summer.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

No, I haven't a clue sorry Huzz, I've heard of Otter Creek that's about it. We go to Pt. Bruce down the road to get out on the lake for Perch a few times a year. The creek at Pt. Bruce has sheepshead and cats in the creek in the summer. Check out Stomps Long Point channel 6-8 fishing forum for that area. Plenty of info there.

I'm presuming you are camping there. Have you ever camped at Rock Point P.P. It is right next to the Grand in Port Maitland on the east side of the river. Plenty of shore fishing there in the summer.

I have visited Rock Point and it is a beautiful park. Thanks for the suggestion. I will considering camping there. And I will check out the forum you mentioned.