Sunday out with Tim Hales

Big Cliff

Saturday my son and grandaughters husband came down to help me move some stuff, boy those two are hard workers! Anyway I decided that since they were going to be down this way I'd book a hut with Tim again this Sunday and treat them to a day of perch fishing.

We had a fantastic day; started off the morning with some beautiful jumbos and the bite stayed pretty steady all day although as the day went on the size decreased, That didn't matter, we were spending time together and catching fish, how much more can you ask for?

The final count was 30 in the cooler for the boys to take home with them and near as we can figure something close to 210 released (we were trying to keep track but there were times we all had fish on at the same time and were laughing and forgot to tally them).

Anyway turns out that in talking to Tim he was starting to take his huts off as of yesterday, he figured that with the rain and warm temperatures coming in this week that will be the end of the season for him. Glad I had the chance to get out again and thanks Tim for another wonderful day on Simco.

LOL Thanks Beans and I know if I needed you you'd be here cane and all. Most of what we have been doing is "de cluttering", like most people we have amassed so much stuff over the years that we really don't need anymore. I wanted my son to come down because I had a lot of tools and hunting stuff that I wanted to give him, he actually had to leave some stuff behind because he ran out of room in the SUV LOL.

I didn't realize that I had 17 fishing rods, I managed to narrow that down to 12 (like who needs 12 fishing rods) but a couple of those were custom made for me, a few were gifts that I just couldn't part with, got to keep a couple incase some kids show up and want to do some fishing......

Everything is pretty much done now, I just have a bit of stuff to move to the storage unit and that's all up in the garage and I'll get it moved today then I can sit back and relax.

Getting on the ice this winter has been a complete bust for me. It's just been stupid busy at work and it looks to continue right through March. Funny how the economy works. We are printing stuff for standardized school testing for a southern US state. I don't know how it can be cheaper to print stuff in Ontario and ship it way down south then them print it locally....but that's the way it is. I'm just hoping the crazy workload is done before my spring perching starts.

Anyway enough about that. Thx for sharing Cliff. A family helping each other out and a day on the hardwater. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me.