floater suit vs survival suit?

wormdunker

I've been pondering this question for a long time. I wear an HJC floater suit while on the ice. It is not classified as a survival suit. My understanding is a survival suit will only allow a certain amount of water to enter. That water is warmed by your body heat, which will allow you more time for an escape from the frigid water. So my question - is a regular floater suit not going to perform in a similar manner? Let's assume both suits are zipped up, velcro cuffs are snug, leg bottoms are also snugged up tight. My floater also has a "skirt" inside the jacket at the waist, which when properly zipped up to the neck forms a snug seal around my waist. This particular suit also has large flaps which cover the jacket zipper & the leg zippers, as well as interior elastic cuffs at the ankle area. Comments please!

Survival suits are one piece as well. Your floater will get you out of the water, but then you will be totally soaked. Have you ever jumped in the water wearing your floater suit? You should, you may be surprised by its performance.

I jump in the pool with my survival suit on and I bob like a cork. If everything is zipped up and sinched tight I hardly even get wet.

S.

Survival suits are one piece as well. Your floater will get you out of the water, but then you will be totally soaked. Have you ever jumped in the water wearing your floater suit? You should, you may be surprised by its performance.

I jump in the pool with my survival suit on and I bob like a cork. If everything is zipped up and sinched tight I hardly even get wet.

S.

Yes!

And everyone should test their suits in a pool to see how they work, and how to manuever in them as well as it can be a little odd

And survival suit for the win hands down

Edited by manitoubass2